gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikita

Reaction score
i have star nails GF21 uv gloss but when i use it it jus wont cure. wats the correct procedure for usin it?

I use that and love it, cos its easy to use on yourself. I cure with my lamp for 3 minutes. It makes a difference with wattage on your lamp.
Does your bulb need cleaning or replacing.

wat wattage should you have?

It doesn`t matter what you have, just as long as you cure appropriately. I have a 9w bulb in mine, its a star nails portable lamp, and I cure for 3 minutes. If you have a lamp 6w then you`d cure for longer, or a higher watt, then you`d cure for less time. I`ve never had any trouble with it, but if its not curing for you, either there is a problem with your timings or bulb, or although not likely but you could have faulty gel.

my lamp is 11w and i leave them in for 3 mins. is there a certain way i should be applying it? you just bruch on like a varnish yeah?

yes, thats all I do. Have you tried getting in touch with star nails to ask about it, you should be able to download application notes. I am totally at a loss now. Maybe someone else can come up with something for you but most are creative trained on here.
Have you tried another message board, the other one which has a huge mixture of products is nailsuk.
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/nailsuk

thanks alot for your help! :)

Although I tried, I don`t think I did.
I hope you get the help you need.
Good luck

can u put varnish on then the gloss over it, then cure??

We`ve had this conversation somewhere else here tonight (sorry can`t tell you where) and yes you can but apparently you need to make sure the polish is completely dry, (we`re talking 8 hours)before you put any gloss over the top.

cool thanks again lol

debbiepromotions said:
apparently you need to make sure the polish is completely dry, (we`re talking 8 hours)before you put any gloss over the top.

Deb, only know this to be true with Faze - I can't speak for Star however if you (Nikkita) call the Nottingham office in Langley Mill, I'm sure that they will be able to help you with this problem. Many of us are CND trained BUT, if we know the answers to your problems - no matter what product line you use, we will help or point you in the right direction!! ;)

nikita
i have recentley done the star gf21 gel workshop is it the quatro that you are on about ? just a thought but are you removing the stickey layer with finishng wipe when you have cured for 3 minutes

I use Star UV gel topcoat on P&W's. There is no tacky layer with the gel topcoat. I have never tried to use it over wet polish though!

Angie, Star Nail gel topcoat has no tacky layer? I didn't know that....
Does it come in a bottle? Is it pretty thick?

Hi Anna, yes it has no tacky layer, is pretty thick and shines like theres no tomorrow! LOL
It comes in a bottle like polish. I have even used it for temporary party nails.

yes it is the quattro

everytime i have used it, it has always had a tacky layer.

i think ill jus end up givin them a ring like mre geek said.

get to the bottom of it eventually lol! :D

Ange in 'Bama said:
Hi Anna, yes it has no tacky layer, is pretty thick and shines like theres no tomorrow! LOL
It comes in a bottle like polish. I have even used it for temporary party nails.

thanks Ange :)

Hopefully you folks are still reading this thread. I was under the impression that you had to use the exact wattage lamp and cure for the indicated time for each different system. IE - if you need a 9w lamp and cure for 2 minutes you can't fudge with a 6w lamp and cure for 3 minutes (you get the idea).

The reason for this being that while the product may look like it's cured on the top, it might not be cured underneath, creating an overexposure situation. Can anybody here verify that this is correct? I have a 6w lamp and would love to be able to test it with a 9w product but I have been advised against it, for this reason.

TIA

Hiya scratch...

There she be no reason a 6w lamp cant cure gel that would cure in a 9w lamp.
It will take longer... but usually thats better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back