gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, if that is the case then I am one happy cat. My Creative rep told me that the bottom layer of gel would never cure (the stuff that's right next to the nail plate) if I used a lower wattage of lamp to cure it. While we were thinking that leaving it under the lamp longer would compensate for the reduced wattage, she said that if the gel cures from the top down, then the gel that's deposited right on top of the nail might never get cured.

But - she is a CND gal, and they don't sell gel, so maybe she's just trying to keep me all to herself ? ;)

There are very few truly malicious people in the industry... However we can all be accused of being misinformed or incorrect from time to time ;)

whom should I be believing then? Please tell me it's youuuuuuu..... :D

One downside to gels is that even when they are not under the lamp... they still slowly cure (from sunlight) and therefore age faster than other types of systems.

The fact of the matter is UV light from the sun will cure the gel (mind you very slowly)... if it couldnt penetrate and cure it... then you could take a tub of gel... leave it in the window with the lid off... and it wouldnt cure.

Your 6w lamp will cure it... it will just take longer. The real problem is... how much longer? Who knows. You are always safer going with the recommended wattage. You go less... you may not cure it all... but it will still cure.
The older the bulbs... the less UV is emitted... the longer it takes to cure. UV bulbs will stop emitting UV light long before the bulb gets burnt out.

Hope this helps

Well.....you have just really confirmed what I already suspected and yes it helps tremendously :D :D :D

hi nikita

i use the quattro and mine has a sticky layer after curing that needs removing with finishing wipe, this was what i was taught on the GF21 course at the end of april

The gel top coat I use is Star Nail UV gel seal. It cures in my 6 watt UV light in 3 minutes, but I do change my bulbs every 6 months. I have never tried it in my 9 watt gel light as it is a one-hander and its faster actually to let them go over and cure at the 6 watt light while I clean my station.
I have never has any problems with it peeling off or chipping so I am assuming that it is curing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back