Gloves for sugaring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velveteen

Reaction score
I spotted a thread asking for gloves for sugaring and a question occurred to me.

The sugaring ritual was my first exposure to hair removal given that it was the done thing in the neighbourhood in which I grew up. The paste was made at home, rolled by hand, smeared on the body part and deftly pulled away.

So when I read the thread about gloves for sugaring, I just had to ask, why would you use gloves for sugaring?

The very nature of sugaring demands body heat in order for the paste to become malleable. This is why practitioners use their (clean) bare hands. So I'm intrigued that gloves are used, especially thick ones.

Why is this?

Hi, it was me who put up the thread about gloves for sugaring. Its just that in the training we were taught for hygiene purposes to wear gloves.

The sugar that is already mixed and comes ready in a pot gets very sticky and goodness knows what would happen if i didn't wear gloves. at least when you have finidshed you can just take the gloves off and the sugar with it whereas if you didn't have gloves on how would you get all the sugar off?

Indeed, that is how we were all once taught, ie gloves not needed BUT, when you do any kind of bikini treatment you must wear gloves, that is the guidelines and also it makes the client feel better. I would not let anyone sugar or wax me down there without gloves. If you do not wear gloves you could be asking for trouble. Most gloves rip and split and you feel like giving up but use Nitrile gloves, you will get the hang of it, keep going and you will be sugarballing with your eyes shut wearing gloves! I never do a brazilian or boyzilian without and its a brilliant way of disposing of the sugar and all the hair and your hands are not sticky.

I spotted a thread asking for gloves for sugaring and a question occurred to me.

The sugaring ritual was my first exposure to hair removal given that it was the done thing in the neighbourhood in which I grew up. The paste was made at home, rolled by hand, smeared on the body part and deftly pulled away.

So when I read the thread about gloves for sugaring, I just had to ask, why would you use gloves for sugaring?

The very nature of sugaring demands body heat in order for the paste to become malleable. This is why practitioners use their (clean) bare hands. So I'm intrigued that gloves are used, especially thick ones.

Why is this?

Latest posts

Back