gloves for when soaking off bio sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesskatie

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have bio sculpture gels on my own nails and i'm finding that when i do a soak off on a client i get some of it on my nails and they start to lift the next day or so.
I bought some disposable latex style gloves from homebase to use but the soak off soloution melts them and they get holes in the fingertips!

anyone out there use gloves, what kind should I use? i tried using washing up gloves but found that they were too bulky and i couldn't work properly!

I had this problem to it always made my nails a complete mess not good for advertising :lol:
I buy mine from mundo they have some really good ones:hug:

thanks for that, the latex ones you mean?
i'll try a box of those!

Not sure about the nitrile gloves, they might be different.

I too wear disposable gloves (from Capital Hair & Beauty) when soaking off gels, and I don't want to spoil my own. I've not had any problems with them melting though.

Could you be using too much gel remover, or perhaps you need larger size gloves?

I too wear disposable gloves (from Capital Hair & Beauty) when soaking off gels, and I don't want to spoil my own. I've not had any problems with them melting though.

Could you be using too much gel remover, or perhaps you need larger size gloves?

The ones i'm using are cheap ones from homebase, not from a beauty place. I think I might take a trip to the local wholesaler and see what ones they suggest.

which ones do you buy from them? just had a look at the website and they do a few different ones.

which ones do you buy from them? just had a look at the website and they do a few different ones.

Haven't bought any for ages as they last a long time, but the last lot I got were in a box. I guess you can get them at Sally's too. Perhaps try vinyl instead of latex.

I think I melted Vinyl, can't remember if I tried latex or not. Even as someone who hasn't passed (or even taken her assessment yet ... roll on Monday!) I have found that the best way for me is to handle the wonderwipe/acetone with my sculpting tweezers (is there a technical name for these?). Because these are slimmer than my fingers I can get the foil wrapped tightly against it and not get stuff on my fingers, or get them trapped in the foil. And the wonderwipe stays in place much better too.

Capital sell Nitrile ones too ... if I still had the box they came in, I would be able to tell you exactly which ones to get, but sadly I don't.

Any Nitrile gloves from a beauty or medical supplier would be Ok. I soak off Bio using Nitrile gloves and they do not melt using Bio product remover. They don;t stretch as much as latex so make sure your sizing is right.

i wear vinyl gloves from sallys when soaking off

You must wear gloves if you have bio on whilst you are soaking off your client's nails.

Dont use the transparent disposable gloves and they will melt. Use the other ones which come in either ivory or green colours.

HTHs

I use vinyl gloves for soaking off Bio and they work a treat. I don't keep them on for long though - as soon as I've wrapped each finger up in foil I take them off - then I just have to careful when I'm scraping off the gel. Seems to work ok though.

Hi,
Ive recently brought vinyl gloves and used them they seem to do the job !!!!

Latest posts

Back