Glue help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickieC

Reaction score
Im starting my CND foundation course soon (very excited!!) my friend has offered to lend me her essential nails course kit as she no longer uses it for a bit of extra training before my CND course.

well she has everything but is missing the glue, I was going to buy this but iv heard the glue you get with the essential nail kit isnt very good and many people buy a different glue. Does anyone know what other glue i could use? and would other glue be ok to use on the trainer hand? (sorry have no idea how that thing works yet!)

Many thanks XXX

As you don't know how it works yet and you will more than likely waste stuff by trying with out knowing why not Waite till you start your classes then practice with the hand? I'm sure you will get some adhesive in your kit.

And that way you can start as a blank canvas insted of having to start by getting rid of bad habbits and having to un learn things you may pick up beetween now and then.

I know your prob excited to get started we have all been there :)

But why not get stared by learning some of the therory side of it first, the annatomy is a good place to start , and ofcorse here on salon geek :)

As you don't know how it works yet and you will more than likely waste stuff by trying with out knowing why not Waite till you start your classes then practice with the hand? I'm sure you will get some adhesive in your kit.

And that way you can start as a blank canvas insted of having to start by getting rid of bad habbits and having to un learn things you may pick up beetween now and then.

But why not get stared by learning some of the therory side of it first, the annatomy is a good place to start , and ofcorse here on salon geek :)

I know exactly what you mean about the bad habits .. thats what i was thinking myself .. just dont want to go to the course without even picking up any of the tools! but i guess most people there wouldnt of done either!

Thank you for your honest advice, really appreciate it :)
Do you think encyclopedia of nails is a good book to start with?

Yes, as Mizzy_dizzy says bad habits are hard to break.

If the course comes with a DVD I think your time would be best watching that 50 times over, or reading up on the "technical terms" for things as it is a lot to take in on a course & it only takes a technical term or two to really throw someones confidence & loose the tread of what you are being told (well it does for me)

Im sure you will love the course & good choice of company to train with, well recognised & respected all over the world with an amassing support team which goes a long way when you are learning. x:

I would say the book you menition, Gigi Rouse Nail Class, MArian Newman Complete nail technician and Doug Schoon's Nail anatomy :)

Good luck on your course and welcome to Salon Geek :hug: xxx

okkk you have convinced me! lol.. I will just read the books and watch the dvd which is in the pack..and try my hardest not to pick up any of the tools! Im sure my Creative course will be worth the wait!
Thanks ladies XX

Latest posts

Back