Glue in hair wefts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi ladies please forgive my ignorance as I am not a hair professional I am a beauty professional.
I am just asking for some views and comments on glueing in weft hair extensions. The ones which are the latex glue and a weft of hair. How long do they last? How kind are they too hair? What are the pros and cons?
Thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422024914.446044.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422024914.446044.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 142
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422024923.311140.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422024923.311140.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 142
I used to have these years and years ago.....they ruined my hair :-( but that could have been down to my application and the after care as I wasn't qualified in hair extensions back then. I wouldn't use them now or on any one else but that's just down to my own bad experience xx

I wouldn't use this method as the risk of damage to the natural hair are far to great have you thought of tape hair instead maybe?

Oh gosh.... This is so old school, I remember doing this about 15 years ago lol totally ruined my hair and getting the glue out is a mission lol, don't do it!!!!!

My mate used to ware these but the glue was crap and they used to slide down during the day 😂

9/10 when my ladies say glue wrecked their hair they mean this! :eek:

Do not know why its a diy thing round here to glue strips to your own hair on friday night then rip them off sunday, but it appears to be :confused::what:

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

How long of they last?

My hair is incredibly thick when my glue in extensions ruined my hair I actually liked it as it was much thinner! Lol

Tape hair is a good idea although not as available as wefts and glue.

As I say it's all kind of new too me so all feedback helps x

If u liked it thinner why bother with extensions?

I need length

Maybe you could try micro weft? It's just a weft and it's connected with a few micro rings spaced out around the head rather than individual strands, quick and easy to apply and remove with no damage at all x

Latest posts

Back