Glue Top Coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJaylee

Reaction score
I just recently heard from a client, that her last nail tech used some sort of glue top coat, yeah glue.. I don't know what it is.. It looks great and is nice and shiney and prevents yellowing.. I never have problems with yellowing unless there are in a lot of chemicles, even then I don't have a big problem, but I have seen this nail tech's nails yellow before, not sure what l&p she uses either..

So anyone know? Thank so much for your help!!

Sounds like a top coat of gel like glaze and go,
clients are ace at getting things wrong if they dont ask what is been used lol

hiya,

i trained with opi and when i was working for new york city nails we used a production called liquid buff, its basically thin resin but we used to use it to apply the tips and then as the finishing layer as well. a lot of clients thought it was glue because we used it to apply the tips. Another bonus was if you buffed the nail a week later it wud restore its shine. but it is actually a thin resin.

jayme

I was going to suggest a thin viscocity resin also but I don't really know how this would prevent yellowing as I don't believe they contain any violet optical brighteners generally.....violet knocks out yellow so a top coat with a violet content will help disguise yellowing over time.

She actually was an active nail tech for a few years, but got into another business, so she is too clueless when it comes to nails. She basicly says its a glue topcoat.. That it is intended for a topcoat..

hiya,

i trained with opi and when i was working for new york city nails we used a production called liquid buff, its basically thin resin but we used to use it to apply the tips and then as the finishing layer as well. a lot of clients thought it was glue because we used it to apply the tips. Another bonus was if you buffed the nail a week later it wud restore its shine. but it is actually a thin resin.

jayme

So what was it intended for both initially or did you just end up using it for both? Now that I think about it, I heard that someone in that salon used OPI so maybe its that!! Cool thanks!!

No it was actually designed to be a topcoat which aided buffing hence the name liquid buff but we used it to adhear the tips too, was fantastic never had any lifting with any of the clients and made full sets a lot quicker too

Latest posts

Back