Gluten free recipes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Due to a recent diagnosis I have to change my diet and go gluten free. Does anyone have any recipes or ideas on what to eat? As I'm lost lol x

Asda have a gluten free cooking book for £2. You'd be surprised what's available that's just naturally gluten free. Think of meals with potatoes or rice or grains like quinoa. I'd recommend joining coeliac uk. It's £25 per year but they send you a directory of all supermarkets and brands of foods that are safe to eat. Plus you can download a scanner app for when out in the supermarkets so all you need to do is scan the barcode and it says if it's safe or not. Don't feel like you have to stay in the "free from" section as it's so expensive and majority is filled with so much sugar. Even if you aren't coeliac I recommend the coeliac uk app. It's been my lifesaver since going gf since Jan. I was always told to think of B.R.O.W.S. Barley, Rye, Oats, Wheat & Spelt to look out for in ingredients. Gluten free oats are fine though. If you need any help just message me.

Stick to meat, fish, veggies and fruits. All are gluten free.

And this is just my opinion but I stay away from all the GF processed foods as much as possible. It's great to have a GF cookie from time to time but you're better off making your own.

The internet is a wealth of info. I've found lots of GF recipes just using Google.

Best of luck!

I'm going through a similar thing, having to cut various foods out of my diet. It's easier than it seems at first! Until you get used to cooking gluten free, have a look at the 'free from' section at tesco...lots of choice there, I've found it to be the best supermarket for free from foods personally as they have decent snacks that aren't really unhealthy. You can buy gluten free bread and pasta, and gluten free flour to make your own cakes/cookies. Get creative with veg, nuts, meat for your main meals.

Luckily in this day and age since going gluten free almost became trendy, there are lots more cafe's and restaurants that cater for gluten free and other allergies!

Have a look at the Truly Madly Healthy cookbook. Most of the recipes in there are gluten free and super healthy, even the goodies [emoji39]

You'll need to up your fat intake a little, you need either carb energy or fat energy. If you cut carbs & fat you'll feel rubbish.

I have food allergies too, once you get used to it it's not so bad. It makes eating out harder but a lot of places buy everything ready made so they have the allergy info from the suppliers.

Costco do a couple of gluten free items, I think bake well tart is one of them.

Just be prepared for people not taking it seriously & giving you what your allergic to anyway. That might just be my family though :mad:

Thanks everyone! I'm on holiday atm so can't properly start until I get back home. Hopefully I'll start to feel better once I change my diet! X

Where are you on holiday? I try not to have too much gluten on holiday as it just bloats my tummy. Can you avoid bread/pasta and pizza? Hope you feel better soon x

I'm in Cyprus, I have been trying to watch what I eat and avoid a lot of things x

I'm in Cyprus, I have been trying to watch what I eat and avoid a lot of things x

I went to Cyprus last summer and found the food there a nightmare as they didn't understand I couldn't have dairy! I ended up eating practically the same thing every day

I'm a vegetarian so holidays are tricky for me too! I'm used to it though...been one all my life! I don't eat meat, fish or eggs. I love cheese though. Hope you find something to suit you xx

When you love things like Southern Fried Chicken, ,going gluten free is a nightmare. Here's my recipe and it's better than the real thing.

Dip your chicken in Egg or Milk or Buttermilk.

Whiz up some Bombay Mix in your food processor or blender into the desired consistency Use this to coat the chicken. It's got no gluten and is spicy enough to add the heat. It fries up beautifully into a crispy crumb.

Nom Nom.

I also use oats instead of breadcrumbs for things like meatballs.

Latest posts

Back