Go 30's (aka Prescription nails) the REMOVAL OF

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classy Claws

Reaction score
Hello girlies... (and guys) can someone please tell me how these are removed? I have just snagged a client who says she has go 30's on.. well shes only got 2 left so not too much to deal with... but having never been presented with stick ons before I just wanted to make sure I find out how to remove them properly... being plastic I assume they should just dissolve off in acetone?

That's just the way, yes... I hear they are becoming the new rage, especially in USA.
How about that?!

Anyone know why they are called prescription nails? or go 30's for that matter?

"They are called "Prescription" Nails because each set is carefully prescribed - the curvature and arch of each nail is precisely measured and recorded on a client's prescription card. The nails are customized to fit the client's nail shape and size producing nail enhancements that have a very natural look and feel."

:D

The website gor go 30's claims they are done in 30 minutes so i'm assuming thats where that phrase is from.

Turns out my second client yesterday also had GO 30's on so I had two sets to soak off.. .only on my second client they had been glued on OVER HER EPONYCHIUM... yes u read right.. they PINCHED like buggary she said.. they melted off within 5 mins in acetone BUT the adhesive left behind.. well ewww.. that had to be filed off and it was THICK. .. she also said it took her go 30's tech over 2 hours to fit them (ur ment to record what tip sizes are used for the next appointment - hence the term prescription nails) .... both where extreamly happy to be walking out with light natural feeling and looking sculpts :)

The adhesive should have soaked off in the acetone aswell. By the sounds of it the ones that were applied over two hours were applied by someone who hadn't been shown how to apply them, believe it or not there is actually a little bit of skill involved to getting it right.

The adhesive should have soaked off in the acetone aswell. By the sounds of it the ones that were applied over two hours were applied by someone who hadn't been shown how to apply them, believe it or not there is actually a little bit of skill involved to getting it right.

Yup I realise there is skill in getting these right - they just arnt my cup-o-tea - and there was no way that adhesive was comming off in the acetone... I showed her my tube of gel bond and she said yep thats what they used! the nails obviously wernt fit correctly (no idea how when it took 2 hours) as the amount of adhesive on the nail plate was shocking.. and air bubbles and air pockets oh gosh.... I'm not sure but i thought u couldnt buy the go 30 kit without being trained here? perhaps this 'tech' was extreamly new at it.

lady one actually had the remains of a greenie on her thumb which she never knew about because she couldnt see her nail under the dark purple Go 30. thankfully it had grown out and was on the free edge.

What company makes these nails? I live in the U.S and have never heard of this.

and here's me thinking you just put them in your mouth and twisted sideways ..... go figure :)

and here's me thinking you just put them in your mouth and twisted sideways ..... go figure :)

haha nailzoo... I have a client who is an ex-self-stick-on queen.. she wore them for 2 years, she'd apply her over the counter set of stick ons and half would be off by day 3 the rest she ripped off with her teeth! her nails were SHOCKING to say the least, with most of them lifted off the nail bed due to all the ripping off of the stick-ons... she now has after only 4 months lovely long natural nails with NNO... and she swears she will never ever stick-on again.... shes also brought me about 5 clients! so I think I'll keep her :lol:

I live in the US. I use these nail for party nails. school girls love them because there is no upkeep. No commit nails. They do last for 2 week. i use for proms,weddings,etc. They can soak them off or have more put on. I charge 20.00 & up

prescription nails
Dashing diva

Latest posts

Back