Go gels S Africa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Has anybody had any dealings with the distributor for the UK,or indeed world wide?

My intentions for early next year to do a soak off gel alongside a file off gel,which will be Brisa,and was wondering what Go gels wer like as a soak off brand?

I saw it in the Guild news,and am open to comments,i tried to find a thread on go gels but was to no avain:rolleyes::lol:....it must be fairly new i am thinking?
Thankyou:hug:

Has anybody had any dealings with the distributor for the UK,or indeed world wide?

My intentions for early next year to do a soak off gel alongside a file off gel,which will be Brisa,and was wondering what Go gels wer like as a soak off brand?

I saw it in the Guild news,and am open to comments,i tried to find a thread on go gels but was to no avain:rolleyes::lol:....it must be fairly new i am thinking?
Thankyou:hug:

i'll stand to be corrected but...imho the only SOAK OFFS worth condsidering are BIOSCULPTURE or CALGEL ...

Bio pips calgel to the post on their colour range BUT calgel is much stronger and easier to file if its french your more than likely to be offering

GOOD LUCK decisions decisions hey :green:

ambx

i'll stand to be corrected but...imho the only SOAK OFFS worth condsidering are BIOSCULPTURE or CALGEL ...

Bio pips calgel to the post on their colour range BUT calgel is much stronger and easier to file if its french your more than likely to be offering

GOOD LUCK decisions decisions hey :green:

ambx
If you can Amber look on page 62 of the guild news for december,if you have it...it describes it as a flexible soak off gel,which can be used for sculpting nails aswell as overlays.At present there are just 24 colours,a creamy sculpting white aswell.

On page 66,there is an advertisemnt for Go- gelas also,stating it as a soak off gel.

I have been deliberating for several months now,and although i love brisa,i have no cert in gel already,so can not do a conversion,and from what i understand,there is no foundation for brisa,only L&P:confused:....i really dont want to do L&P,for many reasons,and a soak off gel is something i really want to do....Bio,pips it for me for colours too,but there have been several issues with lack of customer care,and felt like money was just they all cared about:eek:....i have considred doing the training for Bio in another area,but then why should i,when Fleet is only a few miles away!

Anyway Amber thankyou for your reply:hug:

Gabi the distributor is Nails For U, tel 0161 279 1559

I picked up some info at GMEX and I believe there was a thread about the clear gel not yellowing that week. I believe it was Debbies Gellies who started the thread (sorry I am hopeless at doing links or finding threads)

hth's:hug:

Hi, yep it was me who started GoGel thread having found the gel at GMex.

I did a test by wearing clear gogel on a forefinger for ages, infilled it, filed it. ect

I was very pleased that it did not change colour in any way, no yellowing etc. Filed down ok was easy to apply. BUT....

I found it a bit too runny for me I am used to Calgel which is a little thicker although not classed as a thick gel as it self levels. It does not like to be 'freeze cured' it has to go in the lamp for its full 2 mins and if you do not apply the correct thickness of gel you will get really bad shrinkage. This is curable with practice tho.

I bought and tried the sculpting white. errr hemm :irked: this is far too runny to sculpt with ! no strength either.

You def need the Go gel nail prep, cleaner and lamp or you will have trouble with the gel.

Compared to Calgel I found the adhesion properties not as good as Calgel but then Calgel clear yellows.

I therefore am only (at mo waiting for excel show) interested in GoGel clear
and Calgel colours and Calgel clear for sculpting.

Calgel customer care/service is outstanding! I receive recommendations from Calgel. They are a well established company. I always try different gels on the market and get excited about them but I always come back to my trusty mate Calgel.HTH's

Gabi....do you like soak offs?
They are my worst nightmare...soooo boring..for client and tech.
And bear in mind, as you know, I can talk the hind legs off a donkey:)
At least if I'm filin I'm workin:lol:

Hi there, I am from South AFrica, and Nails 4 u is here in cape town who the Go gels. Go gel is used to teach students at college, some people like it, but I have had A LOT of negative feedback about it. Most of the students who I know who have used it, have decided to change to other brands, one which being Nail Affair. If you would like any more info on Nail affair, let me know.
I had a girl here the other day who has been using Go gel and I had to help her with another brand as the salon where she has been working has had nothing but complaints about her work since using it.
hth

judy its horses for courses:hug:

soaking off a 'soak off gel' takes no time at all (unless it LOADS of layers)

As a rule by the time i've wrapped up both hands .....i can go back to the first nail and its pretty much off......if its two layers i'll buff a bit finer and make a drink as soon as i've wrapped up...then go back to it when the drinks made and voila its off.

i find soaking off a set is quicker than filing down a file off for a new set !

Either way - i offer both and dont really get too much of a problem:hug:

judy its horses for courses:hug:

soaking off a 'soak off gel' takes no time at all (unless it LOADS of layers)

As a rule by the time i've wrapped up both hands .....i can go back to the first nail and its pretty much off......if its two layers i'll buff a bit finer and make a drink as soon as i've wrapped up...then go back to it when the drinks made and voila its off.

i find soaking off a set is quicker than filing down a file off for a new set !

Either way - i offer both and dont really get too much of a problem:hug:

As you know mate I don't use your system..no offence meant..I really do HATE soak offs..just my way mate perhaps I am a little bit lazy lol but they can be soooo boring that even I run out if gossip....and thats saying something lol x
Luvs ya loads tho Amb (although I am the soak off satan hehe) xxx

although I am the soak off satan hehe xxx

i really dont get a stress on when soaking off !

SOAK OFF SATAN LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you comparing it to soaking off l+p??????? which takes a while longer!

Amb xxxxxxx

Compared to Calgel I found the adhesion properties not as good as Calgel but then Calgel clear yellows.

I wonder if it would be effective, then, to use the Go Gel as a sealer for Calgel and Bio to prevent yellowing? As a final coat it wouldn't matter that it's a bit runny, right? That is the only downside to the soak off gels - yellowing.

I wonder if it would be effective, then, to use the Go Gel as a sealer for Calgel and Bio to prevent yellowing? As a final coat it wouldn't matter that it's a bit runny, right? That is the only downside to the soak off gels - yellowing.

Thought Bio yellowed like Calgel?

I have found that if you put Calgel on first for adhesion to the nail and follow on with another clear product you will still get a slight discolouration show through. Go gel is not a problem being runny if you do one nail at a time it just is a pain to do it that way as it takes a long time when I am used to four fingers in for 30 seconds. But staying clear is a big bonus.

Thought Bio yellowed like Calgel?

I have found that if you put Calgel on first for adhesion to the nail and follow on with another clear product you will still get a slight discolouration show through. Go gel is not a problem being runny if you do one nail at a time it just is a pain to do it that way as it takes a long time when I am used to four fingers in for 30 seconds. But staying clear is a big bonus.

That's what I meant that both Bio and Calgel yellow....
I always found that it was only the top layer that yellowed though.
Interesting that this soak off gel maintains its colour - that is a big bonus!

It has never really occurred to me Judy...LOL...but i hate soaking off L&P,which i find a lot longer soaking,i will think of you as the "soak off satan"...LOL:lol:

I decided on Bio,eventually,cheers for your replys:hug:

Latest posts

Back