Go straight into part time self employment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamastè

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I qualified as a beauty therapist last year July. Recently got a job as a support worker. Was hoping to rent a room 1-2 days a week/fortnightly on my days off to do beauty. I’m wondering if I should go straight into self employment or get a salon job to gain more experience. What do you think? X

It all depends on your confidence levels really. I always think it’s better to start in a salon just to build up extra confidence with clients and treatments.

It doesn’t work for everyone, but I would say go freelance. :) You got this girl! You have to make you a success, no one will do it for you! Salon chairs cost a lot to rent, as much as a room, so either way you are paying out. And most importantly there are others to compete with in a salon that offer the same services as you... Alone, you are only competing with yourself.
Advertise like it’s going out of fashion and it’ll grow in time. Keep your job whilst you grow your business, great to have a plan B! ;)

Latest posts

Back