Go-To products & tips for hair ups

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering what your go-to products for hair ups are as sometimes I find my hair ups are either not "secure" enough, or that they can end up looking a bit over done & too hairsprayed!

Also, do you all use heated rollers most of the time?

Thanks

Lou xx

Hi Guys

Just wondering what your go-to products for hair ups are as sometimes I find my hair ups are either not "secure" enough, or that they can end up looking a bit over done & too hairsprayed!

Also, do you all use heated rollers most of the time?

Thanks

Lou xx

Best tip is get them to blowdry their hair the night before with a heat protection spray nothing else, don't straighten just get it as big as possible,

then the next day I work mousse through the hair when it's dry, and blowdry, if doing it curly I blowdry it curly then secure a roller into it or curl it into a pin curl and secure to the head.

I use very little hairspray but when I do it's a non aerosol like zoom force from matrix, for the little bum fluff hair around the face I use a tooth brush sprayed with a little hairspray, then brush over these hairs gently.

for hair ups i use the mousse on dry hair etc as blue states, and if its a full up do i use snag free bands to secure the hair, and then pin round about them, this secures and gives a fuller "base" to then work round. obviously this doesnt work for all styles tho. i also tend to curl the hair before i put it up to give it more movement aswell. this way, you dont need too much spray, the spray on a toothbrush is a great tip. this all works for me - my hair ups are all still secure the next day apparently, though how people can sleep on a hair up is beyond me :)

My "can't live without" items are the single prong pin-curl clips. They are the best for securing hair and allowing it to look loose ( or tight ) and stay all night with or with out hairspray. Also google "hair stitching" or search it on Youtube, hair up in 5 minutes and it will practically survive a cyclone and again with or without hairspray.
Both are best with a textured or curly look tho and allow for the client to either pull out a few clips or snip a thread of cotton and wear their curls or texture the next day free of sticky hair spray.

Best tip is get them to blowdry their hair the night before with a heat protection spray nothing else, don't straighten just get it as big as possible,

then the next day I work mousse through the hair when it's dry, and blowdry, if doing it curly I blowdry it curly then secure a roller into it or curl it into a pin curl and secure to the head.

I use very little hairspray but when I do it's a non aerosol like zoom force from matrix, for the little bum fluff hair around the face I use a tooth brush sprayed with a little hairspray, then brush over these hairs gently.

I'm going out to buy a tooth brush!!! What a great idea!!! X

I'm going out to buy a tooth brush!!! What a great idea!!! X

Asda smart price are great!! Only a tiny amount of spray and brush that bum fluff away!! ;)

Asda smart price are great!! Only a tiny amount of spray and brush that bum fluff away!! ;)

Ooh lol ok I'll need to get a few! Fab idea :)

Have you got any links for "hair stitching"? Had a look and can't find anything.
Thanks x

Latest posts

Back