GoGel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the go gel range now has a new range of colours they are a good consistancy also the flexi gel and gel dust system are worth having a look at:green:

i used go gel in my salon for 11 months before becoming one of there educators so have experiance of teething problems ,differences in application techniques and curing times ,and compatible solutions if any one needs any help or has ay queries i will be glad to help

i tried it too and sorry to say i don't rate it, didn't last, far too bendy and peeled off easy. But everyone has their own faves, so if its good for you, carry on! :)

go gel has its own prep solutions and quite a long curing time if any non compatable solutions are used the gel can ose adhesion and strength so always ask your distributor if you have any queries as this gel has been going in south africa for years and only recently launched in the uk if in doubt or having problems contact your distributor

Ive been using go gel on and off for about 2 years now and the only problem i have with it is the burn!!! Any suggestions as to what i may be doing wrong?
The clear gel is fab and i love sculpting and working with it. just having trouble with the burn and that white..im not a fan of the white! :confused: any suggestions on the burn problem?? :)

the thicker the gel the more likely the burn.
If you put 2 thinner coats rather than one thickish coat and cure each layer that should help.

Ive been using go gel on and off for about 2 years now and the only problem i have with it is the burn!!! Any suggestions as to what i may be doing wrong?
The clear gel is fab and i love sculpting and working with it. just having trouble with the burn and that white..im not a fan of the white! :confused: any suggestions on the burn problem?? :)

The gel I use, Trosani, burns as well. The trick is to first freeze the gel by putting your hand in and out of the unit for the first 2 mins (approx 10 times) and then fully cure for another 2 mins.

I hope this helps

An

go gel now have a premium soak clear to go along side the origanal formulation
tammy
go gel distributor and educator

ive wasted hundreds of pounds on gogel and it is complete utter rubbish, dont waste your money guys. salon system gel is better than this stuff.

ive wasted hundreds of pounds on gogel and it is complete utter rubbish, dont waste your money guys. salon system gel is better than this stuff.

Whilst I can't comment on the quality of GoGel products myself, I think it may be more helpful to be a little more constructive in your critisism.

Perhaps you should share the reasons WHY you feel it is rubbish, rather than just say "it is complete and utter rubbish".

I'm sure you thought about it before posting - but saying something is just "rubbish" really doesn't help anyone.....

well if somthing is rubbish then what more of a clear picture is that? lol
well for a start the gel doesnt bond to the nail plate. its guaranteed to not say on the nail lol hence the name GO gel.
and before you say maby its your prep, its not!!!! the product does'nt work!!!! the only way this gel will stay on the clients nails is to either etch the nail to an extream extent. or to apply a layer of clear calgel, then apply the gogel colour and finish with calgel on top
the gel just doesnt work and i dont want other poeple to loose clients like i did with it

well if somthing is rubbish then what more of a clear picture is that? lol
well for a start the gel doesnt bond to the nail plate. its guaranteed to not say on the nail lol hence the name GO gel.
and before you say maby its your prep, its not!!!! the product does'nt work!!!! the only way this gel will stay on the clients nails is to either etch the nail to an extream extent. or to apply a layer of clear calgel, then apply the gogel colour and finish with calgel on top
the gel just doesnt work and i dont want other poeple to loose clients like i did with it

Fair enough - that explains your feelings a bit better than before!

I didn't think for a minute that you weren't having problems, but I think it's important on forums to back your comments up with some evidence - even if it is anecdotal, which helps others to make a judgement.

I think it's easy to forget that a throwaway comment on here can then be read by thousands - and may have a damaging effect on a companies reputation. I'm not saying that folk shouldn't criticise on here - merely that it should be constructive.

BTW - sorry if this sounds like a lecture.....it's not meant to be!!!!:lol:

PS - have you expressed your concerns to the GoGel Distributor? I've started a thread on this very subject:

LINK: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...ator-technical-product-related-questions.html

Fair enough - that explains your feelings a bit better than before!

I didn't think for a minute that you weren't having problems, but I think it's important on forums to back your comments up with some evidence - even if it is anecdotal, which helps others to make a judgement.

I think it's easy to forget that a throwaway comment on here can then be read by thousands - and may have a damaging effect on a companies reputation. I'm not saying that folk shouldn't criticise on here - merely that it should be constructive.

BTW - sorry if this sounds like a lecture.....it's not meant to be!!!!:lol:

PS - have you expressed your concerns to the GoGel Distributor? I've started a thread on this very subject:

LINK: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...ator-technical-product-related-questions.html

yes and they didnt know what to say. (what a joke) even one of there educators couldnt work it out and ive seen her nails many of times lifing off after 24hours and constantly seening her apply resin to make them stay on haha. i lost alot of clients with this gel. i honestly wouldnt advise anyone to purchase this gel.

I luv the resurrection of an old post, particularly when the distributors website is down, no feedback, no instructions and no follow up from those saying it was fabulous.....

Cummon girls, give with the goss, where do you get it from, how do you use it, what's it's longevity because this product seems to be losing credibility.

I am also a gel technician, i have been using go gel for over six months and found it easier to use than other gels, as well as the all important fact that it is cheaper. This website helped solve alot of my queries; www.gogelnails.co.uk

I tried this product despite some negative feedback, mainly because of the difference in price. I have found the new gels great and so far no problems, i do reccomend trying it.

I also had this problem with the consistency when i first tried go gel after the g.mex, i found it too runny and consequencely went back to my old gel. However i have recently started using it again as the new formula is thicker and like i mentioned before, no problems so far. This website gives more information on the product

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon ladies. Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of feedback on the go-gel. I'm currently working with Calgel. And although I love it,it can be on the pricey side. I'm really tempted to give the go-gel a whirl,even if it was the clear and white.

I called up Go-gel this afternoon and the very helpful lady there promises I won't look back. Part of the clinch for me would be that the clear would cure after 30 sec. It says 90 sec on their video link,but the lady ensures me that 30 would actually do the trick. Can anyone confirm this?

6 pages should be enough feed back for ya if you read them lol

I don't know anyone who uses this gel professionally.

I would think there are better alternatives including the one you are using. You get what you pay for.

Afternoon ladies. Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of feedback on the go-gel. I'm currently working with Calgel. And although I love it,it can be on the pricey side. I'm really tempted to give the go-gel a whirl,even if it was the clear and white.

I called up Go-gel this afternoon and the very helpful lady there promises I won't look back. Part of the clinch for me would be that the clear would cure after 30 sec. It says 90 sec on their video link,but the lady ensures me that 30 would actually do the trick. Can anyone confirm this?

Hello Fluff (and everyone)

I too read over this thread and thought I would give Go Gel a try, I spoke to the rep Tammy Hollis who said too that I wouldnt look back and that the company was set up by a founder of Bio Sculpture Gel (Gaynor). So I paid for the training and products (£500) for a one day course.

The course was me and Tammy, in a tiny room in an old freezing cold building. Tammy got out some products, wrote some things on a board, showed me how to do a few nails then said 'right, have a go yourself and i'll be right back'. She then dissapeared for most of the next hour and left me there feeling stupid for paying all this money. I copied down what she had written on the board (which all fit onto one board) and THAT IS THE ONLY THEORY I WENT HOME WITH, and she said she would send me out some further theory and an examination paper.

I would also like to add that throughtout the few hours that I was there, Tammy tried to get me to book other training courses and purchase other products, all of which were nothing to do with Go Gel.

So I went home feeling a little naive and empty of knowledge for Go Gel products.

I mulled it over that evening and discussed it with my partner who told me not to worry.

The next day, and for the next 3 or 4 WEEKS after that I left voicemail upon voicemail for Tammy, but to no avail, I eventually had to scour the internet and found the names or 2 of the other reps from other areas who gave me the number of Gaynor.

I had a long chat with Gaynor and told her I was disgusted at the service and that I didnt feel I had enough product knowledge to dare use the gels on paying clients.

She assured me that this was an isolated incident and she would contact Tammy and get her to speak to me, I never did speak to Tammy again, and so, had to badger Gaynor, and to cut a very long story short I had to go to Nottingham (which is nearly 2 hours away from me) to do all the training again.

The trainer there explained that I had paid far too much for my training, and in fact, what had happened its turns out, is that Tammy made out that the course and kit was 500, when really it should have been 200, and that I had bought 300 POUNDS WORTH OF GELS! Which she had purely decided to sell me because she wanted to.

Now this may just seem that I have a gripe with Tammy Hollis (which to be honest, after this, I do), but having since trained with Bio Sculpture, I can honestly say that Go Gel is a very poor product.

The colours are limited and do not adhere as well as brands such as Bio Sculpture, and the prices are only marginally less than that of a product like Bio. The pots of gel bubble and leak constantly and the printed label once touched is easily removed, making it difficult to know which pot is which.

I will wrap this up now by saying DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY OR PRODUCT! PARTICULARLY TAMMY HOLLIS!

Spend your money with a company who have great after advice, proper training facilities and more importantly proper trainers (I would like to add here that Tammy said she was looking for trainers of Go Gel and would I be interested, on my first day of touching this product!)

If you would like to discuss this any further, you are welcome to PM me

Thanks

6 pages should be enough feed back for ya if you read them lol

I don't know anyone who uses this gel professionally.

I would think there are better alternatives including the one you are using. You get what you pay for.

Hey,thanks for getting back. I had read the pages and the reports were so mixed it's hard to get a full review. Really what I hadn't found was the curing time. Being so used to 30 sec,I didn't want to creep up to 90 secs. Since reading your post and the Tammy debacle,the positivity isn't overwhelming me.

Thanks ladies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back