Goggles to replace visor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also thinking that I may invest in a pair of prescription bifocal safety specs from my opticians. Then I will not need over specs at all.. Nor will I need to reposition the readers down my nose. They wrap around the sides of your face and have a small extra barrier above the frame to protect the eyes more.
Just at the thinking stage at the moment !

Don't forget to off-set the cost to your business

I am also thinking that I may invest in a pair of prescription bifocal safety specs from my opticians. Then I will not need over specs at all.. Nor will I need to reposition the readers down my nose. They wrap around the sides of your face and have a small extra barrier above the frame to protect the eyes more.
Just at the thinking stage at the moment !
Good idea!

Just seen an update on goggles
“The government has updated its advice to say that goggles must be close-fitting with no obvious openings or vents that would otherwise allow droplets to enter the eyes. This means that ordinary glasses are not suitable.”
Looks like diving mask it is then LOL

Don't forget to off-set the cost to your business

Absolutely I shall indeed!! Just hoping I will find a good wrap around with no gaping above the brows.

I think the goggles have to be the close fitting type.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-192801.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-192801.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 11
Back when Ebola was raging, there were recorded cases of nurses catching it due to changes in PPE. I read the report months ago but it was along the lines of nurses moving location to where the PPE guideline was goggles but where they had been located previously they were all in face shields. The ones in face shields were the ones getting sick.

Im not saying that is true for this, but it does make me really consider that goggles are better.

But then for our job in general visors are great and should always have been a thing. If you’ve ever got pungent pedi water in your eye or a rogue toenail....haha gross but true.

I had to get tested for a rare and dangerous form of herpes from a client that spat and it landed on my eyelid membrane even with goggles on because they were open like glasses.

So personally I don’t think anything will ever be enough...but visors make sense for our job and the goggles (fully sealed no vents) make sense to prevent transmission. So...I’d be inclined to wear both. Goggle covering above and below shield, shield covering rest of face.

I’ve been given too many illnesses to care if I look like a pleb

So personally I don’t think anything will ever be enough...but visors make sense for our job and the goggles (fully sealed no vents) make sense to prevent transmission. So...I’d be inclined to wear both. Goggle covering above and below shield, shield covering rest of face.

I’ve been given too many illnesses to care if I look like a pleb

I wouldn't worry about looking like a pleb, I'd just be concerned about actually seeing anything!!! Visors are causing glare and light refraction, add a pair of goggles under that AND a pair of glasses and you've got no chance. It would be like trying to oook through a couple of pint glasses :eek:

I wouldn't worry about looking like a pleb, I'd just be concerned about actually seeing anything!!! Visors are causing glare and light refraction, add a pair of goggles under that AND a pair of glasses and you've got no chance. It would be like trying to oook through a couple of pint glasses :eek:

Look up anti glare film on eBay and have a play x

Latest posts

Back