Going back for Level 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
Hey I'm returning to college to do my level 3 in hair. I've been out of practise for years so the question is I've got to get kit I don't want to spend a fortune but anything anyone recommends would be great!!

When i equired about doing level 3 they told me i needed to be working in a salon before they would let me on the course

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

When i equired about doing level 3 they told me i needed to be working in a salon before they would let me on the course

Really? I do hair extensions self employed she said nothing about me being in a salon at all. I'm training with an academy not a college, not sure there's much difference.

Maybe its different depending on who you train with i never did it anyway couldnt get any sort of job in hairdressing so stuck with beauty i only do friends and familys hair

That what I thought you had to do as the college wouldn't touch me

Amy's hairdressing

That what I thought you had to do as the college wouldn't touch me

Amy's hairdressing

I'm paying for it.

This threads about what kit you wold suggest and brands of brushes etc
I'm going to an academy not a college. And colleges around here you don't have to be salon based.

Don't spend much on your training kit as it's liable to be 'borrowed'. :-(

Just buy cheaper brands especially scissors. I treated my self to a better quality pair after level 2 and they kept getting 'borrowed' by the other students on my level 3 and even my tutor! They weren't exactly Kasho's but just a bit better quality and much sharper than the old stuff the other students were using. Initially, they'd get borrowed whilst I was mixing up tint and not at my station. I started keeping them in a tool belt but then the cheeky buggers would come up and ask to borrow them saying, 'they're much sharper than mine', hmmm! Sorry, went on a little rant there...

Your training provider should provide a kit list so perhaps give them a call? Hope you enjoy your course!

Don't spend much on your training kit as it's liable to be 'borrowed'. :-(

Just buy cheaper brands especially scissors. I treated my self to a better quality pair after level 2 and they kept getting 'borrowed' by the other students on my level 3 and even my tutor! They weren't exactly Kasho's but just a bit better quality and much sharper than the old stuff the other students were using. Initially, they'd get borrowed whilst I was mixing up tint and not at my station. I started keeping them in a tool belt but then the cheeky buggers would come up and ask to borrow them saying, 'they're much sharper than mine', hmmm! Sorry, went on a little rant there...

Your training provider should provide a kit list so perhaps give them a call? Hope you enjoy your course!

Yeh I got a vague idea just wanted to know brands really. Thanks Hun I am excited it's just what I need :)
I'll defiantly use my tool belt lol

I bet when you get a list of what you need you'd be able to find it all around your house :) my sis in law did when I told her what she needed, id get a separate pair of straightners for college tho they always get "borrowed" someone broke mine :( u jus need combs, a selection of brushes small round up to big round and flat brushes, I had head jog & denmans, a pair of scissors, & maybe a training head? Like was said above you don't need to spend much to get a kit together, after you've passed go out and splash out on all the best gear then to treat yourself, it'll just get "borrowed" in training xx

I bet when you get a list of what you need you'd be able to find it all around your house :) my sis in law did when I told her what she needed, id get a separate pair of straightners for college tho they always get "borrowed" someone broke mine :( u jus need combs, a selection of brushes small round up to big round and flat brushes, I had head jog & denmans, a pair of scissors, & maybe a training head? Like was said above you don't need to spend much to get a kit together, after you've passed go out and splash out on all the best gear then to treat yourself, it'll just get "borrowed" in training xx

I have tones of stuff, no round brushes no hairdryer either lol. (Only a shoddy one)
I've got one paddle brush.
I do have a list any suggestions on scissors ??

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403212356.600588.jpg
This is a good offer for students

I have tones of stuff, no round brushes no hairdryer either lol. (Only a shoddy one)
I've got one paddle brush.
I do have a list any suggestions on scissors ??

They supplied dryers in my college, but I'd recommend this dryer (coz I've got one in my shop lol!) and just a cheap pair of scissors for training salon direct sell the head jog brushes & dryers and they do lotus scissors for about £20 they'll be fine they go blunt if u cut dolls hair so I wouldn't pay more than that x

Wait for your list from the academy then go to wholesales on a VAT free day. Makes a difference. I still use the same type of hair dryer as I had when training (over 10yrs ago). I've obvs replaced it but sure it's around £20, it's robust and does me just fine. Good luck x

The academy will probably have a group deal for students to order through them, i think ours was £90 inc 2 heads, brush set, combs, clips, scissors all the basics really.

Id wait until they give you the paperwork, gather your own bits together and see if you just need to grab a brush roll. Tbh a lot goes walkies so dont spend a lot for college kit.

I very much doubt you'll need electrical stuff due to h+s (if your appliance fuses the college youd be liable!) But have a look at diva electricals for reasonable prices and funky colours too x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

The academy will probably have a group deal for students to order through them, i think ours was £90 inc 2 heads, brush set, combs, clips, scissors all the basics really.

Id wait until they give you the paperwork, gather your own bits together and see if you just need to grab a brush roll. Tbh a lot goes walkies so dont spend a lot for college kit.

I very much doubt you'll need electrical stuff due to h+s (if your appliance fuses the college youd be liable!) But have a look at diva electricals for reasonable prices and funky colours too x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fab!! I forgot about the diva stuff I have the wand. Thanks for the info chick will message the academy and see of they have any deals x

Latest posts

Back