Going back to waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odee

Reaction score
hi all, i trained somewhat 15 yrs ago nvq 2 and 3 beauty but fell into the nail industry and didn't do much of the beauty. I wax my friends and family and don't really have any problem with what i do, I,ve set up from home doing nails and get clients ask more and more for the waxing. Im not up to the what and whys of the contraindications which puts me off. Ive been looking through post on contraindications and client forms and they are much more in depth than when i did my training, Im looking at maybe doing a new course and been looking at kims, with funds permitting, will get round to booking, but in the mean time can any recommend a book that will explain why certain things are contra indicated (like epilepsy, im reading? ) we covered some but not as many as there seems to be now, but they didn't really cover why and i know some are for obvious reason, its more the medical ones. Any recommendations, i would be very greatful.x

thanks for the link, waxing has changed so much from when i trained. we weren't even allowed to wax above the brow lolx

thanks for the link, waxing has changed so much from when i trained. we weren't even allowed to wax above the brow lolx
You will find the new generation waxes much better to work with ; applied at lower temperatures, easier to use...
Good luck with your retraining.
Jack

I still don't! :)

Latest posts

Back