Going base 6 to ash blonde using Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.goguelin

Reaction score
Right where to begin.. I am trying to create an ash blonde with a base 6 (with a lot of warm underlying tones) by highlighting with high lift wella (12 range) however It seems to be going warm even with 12/11.. I also use 10/1+9% and 6/1+7/1+6% to try and break it up to avoid block colour look. I can't use bleach highlights as this tends to break her hair.. I don't know what's making it orangey/warm. I then thought of adding a tiny but of bleach to the high lift hoping it won't wreck her hair should I?
Also any other advice would be great!!
Ps I am only training so you may need to explain a lot !
Thanks

Hey I wouldn't use bleach in with a 12/ as it will only kill your tone. Are you leaving for full development out of climazone it can be left on for upto an hour, u can also add mixtones into a 12/ base! X

Yeh I did think that I have left it for 30 under heat would it be better to be left on for an hour without heat do you recon? .. What mix tones would you suggest for an ashy pearly blonde bearing in mind her natural is fairly warm?x

maybe 12/81 or 12/89 would have been better to kill the warmth. /11 will still though out alot of warmth on a base 6. xx

maybe 12/81 or 12/89 would have been better to kill the warmth. /11 will still though out alot of warmth on a base 6. xx

I agree 12/11 will ony targe one aspect of te warmth where as 12/81 and 12/89 will target different tone. U can even mix them with 12/61 or 12/16 to really Jill warmth.

U shouldn't mix bleach with tints especially not highlift as the amounted ammonia will be awful for the hair.
Plus bleach removes from hair and tints deposit so will conflict eachother.

Without heat for an hour is good. You could leave it for an hour and 10 to make sure enough tone is deposited

Yeh I'm going to try the 12/81 is the 9 the violet?
Ok maybe I shouldn't add bleach!!

Yeh I'm going to try the 12/81 is the 9 the violet?
Ok maybe I shouldn't add bleach!!

9 is cendre (soft ash)
Try 20mls 12/89 + 10mls 12/61 + 12%

Thank you!
Is there any toners that anyone recommends to make it as pearly ash as possible just in case?

Thank you!
Is there any toners that anyone recommends to make it as pearly ash as possible just in case?

Ash, violet and pearl
10/8 + 10/16 and 2 parts pastel.
All 3 cool tones will target any warmth left in the hair without adding any more depth

Latest posts

Back