Going darker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
My client is a level 7 with 100% grey regrowth of about an inch. For 2 years now she has been having highlights- 2 x bleach to 1x Majirel 7.0 and Majirel 8.0 in between packs.
She now wants to go darker like in this picture:
77913899-672e-4389-b4eb-534f666dde1e.jpg

I was thinking of doing bleach highlights and then dia richesse 6.34,( so as not to pre-pig) in between foils and Majirel 6.0 on roots because of the grey.
Any thoughts or other ideas. Thanks

What you’re thinking sounds good, only thing id add is maybe a dark root toner 1/2 6+ 1/2 7 dialight to blend the highlights into the root colour and get the dark to light contrast that there is in the photo , and a mid length and ends toner something like 8.3 dialight

My client is a level 7 with 100% grey regrowth of about an inch. For 2 years now she has been having highlights- 2 x bleach to 1x Majirel 7.0 and Majirel 8.0 in between packs.
She now wants to go darker like in this picture: View attachment 208276
I was thinking of doing bleach highlights and then dia richesse 6.34,( so as not to pre-pig) in between foils and Majirel 6.0 on roots because of the grey.
Any thoughts or other ideas. Thanks
Just remind her also that her white root will be more obvious as it comes through :) good luck :)

Thanks guys for your replies.
I actually talked her out of going to a level 6 because of her skin tone and also what you said Ronray about her white being much more noticeable. I said if we did it gradually and started off at a level 7 and then if she wanted to go darker next time, fair enough. I put Majirel 7.0 + 20vol on her root and then applied large weaves in foils randomly all over using wella colour touch 7/73, keeping the left out bleach clean. Looked more like balyage when it was done and she loved it, really happy she didn’t go darker!!!!!
Also didn’t compromise the condition of the hair by using more bleach.

Latest posts

Back