Going from blonde highlights to full head medium brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Jungle

Reaction score
Hmm that still looks quite light...
5/1 would be okay. Having seen how red it is, I'm not sure I'd add the 0/88 reason being (red+blue = violet) it could very well leave you with a plum tone.
0/88 would be ideal if the hair was orange.
I used 4/0kp & 4/07kp with 6% because that’s all I had cos wholesalers are closed.
She loves it now. Xx

@ronray still a bit purple in the sun, I think it needs gold tone adding to cancel it.
what do u think on the level 4 base x

Attachments

ronray

Reaction score
@ronray still a bit purple in the sun, I think it needs gold tone adding to cancel it.
what do u think on the level 4 base x
I'm sure there's a 4/3 in koleston, but use 1.9% instead of 6%, you'll get much more saturation of colour :)

Jungle

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a 4/3 in koleston, but use 1.9% instead of 6%, you'll get much more saturation of colour :)
Yes there is a 4/3kp, I’ll put that on with 1.9%, thanks @ronray x

Yes there is a 4/3kp, I’ll put that on with 1.9%, thanks @ronray x
Would u apply the 1.9% 1:2 ratio or 1:1 & how long should I leave it on, 40mins ? Xx

Jungle

Reaction score
Hi @ronray,
would u apply the 1.9% 1:2 ratio or 1:1 & how long should I leave it on, 40mins ? Xx
I know u mix it 1:1 with base 9 & 10 but I’ve never used Wella pastel developer 1.9% with koleston perfect 4/3.

:)

ronray

Reaction score
I'd still do 1:2 and if you feel it needs the full 40 do that, but generally 20 mins would be enough.

Jungle

Reaction score
I'd still do 1:2 and if you feel it needs the full 40 do that, but generally 20 mins would be enough.
Are we talking 4/3kp with 1.9% welloxon pastel 1:2 ratio for 20mins @ronray

ronray

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'd do, it's most similar to colour touch that way. I never mix anything with pastel 1:1 always 1:2 :)

Jungle

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'd do, it's most similar to colour touch that way. I never mix anything with pastel 1:1 always 1:2 :)
@ronray would u colour it on wet or dry hair, as it’s Koleston perfect with 1.9%

ronray

Reaction score
Still on towel dried hair, for a nicer shine. But make sure it's towel dried very well - so not to dilute the tint :)

Jungle

Reaction score
Still on towel dried hair, for a nicer shine. But make sure it's towel dried very well - so not to dilute the tint :)
Thank you, I’ve never used Kp like this before,

Thank you, I’ve never used Kp like this before,
@ronray manufacturers instructions for KP only mention using the method u explained with base 9 & 10.
It doesn’t say with bases 8-1.
What is the result? ☺

ronray

Reaction score
If you want to use it 1:1 just do that. I just find it looks very dense if you do that.

Jungle

Reaction score

Noodle

Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
@Jungle and @ronray , as there are just two of you involved in this conversation, may I perhaps suggest you take this to Private Messages between you?

Jungle

Reaction score
@Jungle and @ronray , as there are just two of you involved in this conversation, may I perhaps suggest you take this to Private Messages between you?
@Noodle i don’t mind if other hair stylists want to comment, that’s why it’s not private, it just so happens only one person has..! x

@ronray this way won’t be permanent will it, do I do it this way just for the tone because I want the base too, some of the hair hasn’t covered x

@ronray or anyone else can answer with their comments, appreciate your help x

ronray

Reaction score
@Noodle i don’t mind if other hair stylists want to comment, that’s why it’s not private, it just so happens only one person has..! x

@ronray this way won’t be permanent will it, do I do it this way just for the tone because I want the base too, some of the hair hasn’t covered x

It's still a permanent tint, but by previously putting koleston on with 6% you list the depth of the colour. Because it created lift when you didn't need it.
If you want extreme coverage and a really dense look do it 1:1.

Imhere22

Reaction score

please post final result of your daughters hair color

Latest posts