Going from Blonde to Brunette - is it easily reversable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks,

I have been considering going brunette for about a year, I have a fab stylist who has said she will do it and I trust her to choose the right shade etc etc, but my biggest fear is, if I hate it, how easy is it to get back to my original colour?

I have long layered hair, and I have blonde highlights and usually some copper and brunette lowlights. I am naturally a dark blonde, always been blonde but with dark eyebrows.

I really want to go for it, but am so worried I will hate it and be stuck with it for months and months!

Any advice would be greatfully received.:biggrin:

Please don't take my advice over the professionals on here but my personal experience is that IT WILL take ages to go back to blonde if you don't like it. I wishes I hadn't bothered.

:eek:
Please don't take my advice over the professionals on here but my personal experience is that IT WILL take ages to go back to blonde if you don't like it. I wishes I hadn't bothered.
:eek:

Ok, thanks. That is what I am afraid of!

I went from platinum blonde to long and brunette and i love it, its so much more shiny and healthy looking, i did have some highlights put in and they went back to my original blonde, im naturally ash blonde but i love the espresso colour i have on my hair now it makes my eyes stand out. I would go for it, if your hairdresser advises that she can reverse it back to your own color. She will probably put a semi on first, thats what my hairdresser did.

Hope this helps

Sar

Well in my very recent experience....I am sooo glad I did! My hair was almost white blonde, but the regular bleaching was really beginning to take its toll on my hair (and I fancied a change anyway) so I went very dark brown (almost black) with red slices. The brown took fabulously, but the red I'm afraid didn't, and even after going back for a second time to have it redone it still went back to blonde, although the brown has stayed dark! Anyway IMO it worked for me............and most people have said it makes me look younger :wink2: so I'm one happy bunny - personally!!

Martine

I had white blonde hair too and about two years ago when almost black, I love it and wouldn't want to go back, My hair feels and looks much much healthier. I get lighter bits in the summer, but one thing I will say to beware of the roots cause I get blonde roots which look odd!

Thanks for the replies!

Its funny that those of you who have made the change where all very very blonde before - thats a dramatic change!

My hair is as I said a darker blonde, its kind of honey/caramel coloured in most parts. And as I get older its getting darker - my roots are a mousy brown.:sad:

Artymarty - I always have reddy-coppery highlights(lowlights?!) in mine and it only lasts about 4 washes, its such a shame!

I like the idea of my hair being all one colour and being shiney... Hmmm. Gonna save some pennies and take a visit to the salon.

I have to do it anyway in the next 4 years as its on my "Things to do Before I'm 30" list!:green:

Carlabarbie>
If your stylist knows her business, it will not be a problem going back. It might take a couple of times to get it just right again, but it is workable. Just don't expect it to be perfect the very first time.

My hair was almost white blonde, but the regular bleaching was really beginning to take its toll on my hair (and I fancied a change anyway) so I went very dark brown (almost black) with red slices. The brown took fabulously, but the red I'm afraid didn't,

Martine

Martine: Red is the hardest color in the rainbow to get to stay in the hair due to the size of molecules. That is why red fades so quick. ;)

Latest posts

Back