Going from brassy 8/9 to 6bg (Goldwell)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbee

Reaction score
Hi all, I am going to be running low lights through a bleached brassy balyage level 8/9,

I am planning on using 5bg and 6bg for different tones,

My question is do I need to pre pig with copper to avoid green tones or will the natural warmth from the brassy blonde + the BG shade be enough to stop any green tones?

Many thanks

Hi all, I am going to be running low lights through a bleached brassy balyage level 8/9,

I am planning on using 5bg and 6bg for different tones,

My question is do I need to pre pig with copper to avoid green tones or will the natural warmth from the brassy blonde + the BG shade be enough to stop any green tones?

Many thanks
You shouldn't technically get green tones when depositing unless the formula has green or blue undertones. I'm not familiar with the brand shading you use, but my guess is GB stands for gold? /gold beige?
But can I suggest, that you consider a shade with a violet tone in it? If you're trying to rid of warmth with these lowlights, by applying gold over already warm hair you will only achieve a darker version of the warm colour you started with. If you add violet to your formula you will then counteract the excess yellow whilst depositing the darker shade. Leaving you with a more natural tone.

Last edited:
I use Goldwell - why don’t you use the Goldwell colorance coverplus 6 natural & 7 natural lowlights instead - no need to pre-pig at all with these xxx

That you fornyour response, I used 6gb for a root melts and then lowlights with the same colour, I didn’t pre pig in the end and it worked out lovely, thanks for the advice xxx

Latest posts

Back