Going from full blonde to highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delia21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the following: If I am currently an all over, solid hi lift blonde, could I go back to having highlights only (had them years back) next time I will be doing the root touch up? Meaning to do the touch up as highlights only and maybe wait longer for the touch up, say 10-12 weeks? I know about the reverse balayage., but I am not keen on lowlights. I would simply like a less harsh outgrowth and a more soft, delicate look, that I feel highlights gave me years back. Also, would this process be possible with bleach this time, if the rest of hair is hi lift done?Thank you so much, looking forward to your opinions!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the following: If I am currently an all over, solid hi lift blonde, could I go back to having highlights only (had them years back) next time I will be doing the root touch up? Meaning to do the touch up as highlights only and maybe wait longer for the touch up, say 10-12 weeks? I know about the reverse balayage., but I am not keen on lowlights. I would simply like a less harsh outgrowth and a more soft, delicate look, that I feel highlights gave me years back. Also, would this process be possible with bleach this time, if the rest of hair is hi lift done?Thank you so much, looking forward to your opinions!
I personally would highlight with the same Highlift tint that you normally use, for a few sessions until you start to get the right balance. Then introduces bleach highlight later on. What will happen if you go straight in with bleach now, is that your roots / highlights will lift really quickly and you'll have white highlights at the root and a true blonde shade on the mid lengths and ends.

I personally would highlight with the same Highlift tint that you normally use, for a few sessions until you start to get the right balance. Then introduces bleach highlight later on. What will happen if you go straight in with bleach now, is that your roots / highlights will lift really quickly and you'll have white highlights at the root and a true blonde shade on the mid lengths and ends.
Wow, makes perfect sense! Didn't even think about that! Will defo consider this version next time, but with a more outgrown root maybe? Like always, hair saving advice, Ronray! Much appreciated! 😇

Latest posts

Back