Going from full time employed to renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou430

Reaction score
I am currently employed full time at a busy salon and I am paid a good wage. I have 9 years salon experience and I have always had a large amount of regular clients wherever I have worked. I'm getting to the age where I feel I want to try and work for myself but starting a salon feels very daunting. I felt the best option was to rent a room in a hairdressers as there is less pressure. I am a homeowner so I do feel worried about everything going wrong but I do have some savings as back up. I'm wondering if there's anyone who went from working full time like me to renting a room and how they have found it? X

I worked as a manager at a spa full time on quite a comfortable salary and took the plunge last year in November. I essentially started from scratch client wise.
I was very nervous and had a lot of sleepless nights (still do!) but have worked hard and believed in myself and so far I love it. I'm not (yet!) earning as much as I was compared to being employed but the benefits of being self employed are great! Do lots of research, have confidence and work hard and you'll be great X

Thanks that's a similar position to myself. Although I wouldn't poach clients, I would like to think some would follow if they eventually found out we're I was so I hopefully would be able to start with a few clients. It's great to hear you enjoy it xx

Hi

I started my salon while I was working full time. It's a home based salon.

I found I got busy after leaving work as I had the flexibility to work during the day.

Thinking of adding more services to my nail salon.

I do believe what a lot of ladies told me on here, it takes between 3-5 years to build a good clientele.

Hard work but worth it.

Latest posts

Back