Going from mobile to renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi all i am going from mobile to renting a room, i have written a list of all the things im gonna need i.e shelfs, trolley 4 wax and other sundries, magnifying lamp, steamer, blankets 4 couch a comfy chair, candles and a mirror, the list is defo not finshed could any1 tell me anything i have left out or recommended anything that will help me on my new venture.;)

thanks in advance

Allaboutbeauty xx

ermmm let me think........

- Heated blanket - got mine from argos approx £30, a lovely touch everyone comments on
- Hot towel caddy
- Standing lamp, (with foot dimer) great for low lightning during relaxing treatments as the celing lights can be too dark
- A-board
- Bolster for under knees during facials, eyelash extensions etc
- Head support/ comfy pillow,
- Duvet
- Frames for all your certificates for the walls,
Saddle stools are great, really recommend one of them if you havent got one already - got mine from cosmetronic approx £50
- Asda & ikea are great for candles
- basket for clients to put their belongings in,
- hangers for behind the door
- music system, ipod, DAB etc
- lock on inside of the door - I have a little slide lock (be surprised how many clients use it after closing the door behind them, especially whilst intimate waxing)
- Try & see if you can get a lock on the outside of your beauty room - so you know everything is safe when you are not there.
- wall fan - a god send in the summer months

I know this might sound silly but get a good bin! I have an automatic bin that opens & shuts by a sensor, it looks so much better, nothing worst than seeing the person before you`s waxed strips in the open waste paper basket.

If I think of anything else I will add on

Hope this helps

xxx

One thing I will say is please dont put all your certificates on display.I think it looks so pretentious.I have 3 on display though I have about 20.

Towels.Asda do a fab deal and lots of great colours too.
Pedi trolly...Asda or Argos
Shelving from IKEA
Nail desk.
Lockable glass display cabinets from Ikea
Retail stock(if you are going to retail)
You will need a chair for client at nail desk,a stool for you,it can be an idea to have a spare for if the client brings a friend etc.
Foot stool for client to get onto couch if you dont have electric couch.
Wheatgerm bag that heats in microwave for feet in winter.
Reciept book.
Nail polish display shelving(EBAY)
plug extension...Asda do some cheap ones
Uplighter for facials(Ikea)dirt cheap at £3.00

One thing I will say is please dont put all your certificates on display.I think it looks so pretentious.I have 3 on display though I have about 20.

I am sorry but I beg to differ, I have never thought about it as "pretentious" just think it looks very professional, & proves you know what you are doing. I do agree in not over doing it, I wouldnt have 20 either, I have 10 up in my room, & would hate to think anyone would think me to be pretentious :sad:
Another thing to get - a rent book, from WH Smiths

I am sorry but I beg to differ, I have never thought about it as "pretentious" just think it looks very professional, & proves you know what you are doing. I do agree in not over doing it, I wouldnt have 20 either, I have 10 up in my room, & would hate to think anyone would think me to be pretentious :sad:
Another thing to get - a rent book, from WH Smiths

Just my opinion Emma,I prefer to just have the main ones on display,perhaps pretentious was the wrong word....maybe a little OTT,I have all my qualifications listed on my insurance so feel that along with my level 2 and 3 is enough.I have all my other certificates in a folder so if a client wanted to see it was there for them but not taking up wall space.

But hey ho I dont like it,you do and that's all that matters.:Dxx

thanks ladies 4 yr much neede advice theres soo many things i have 2 get and u have been a great help:D. As for the certificates i will be putting most of them up but not all as i have quite a few 4 diferent things iv done n i plan 2 get more lol so il just put the 1s up i think need to b up. Once again thanks 4 yr help MWAH xxxx

I reccommend a well organized appointment book...it took me a while to get used to it!

oh..and cleaning products...anti bac...polish...and sink cleaner and a nice air freshener wont go a miss...even though the candles will smell wonderful! :lick:

sorry if this sounds stupid, I'm in a wierd mood! lol x

Latest posts

Back