Going from root tint to highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
I have a new client next week, she’s had box dye blonde all over both salon and home colours previously, it’s very yellow/orange, she wants to go for highlights so will get more of a natural regrowth, and stay blonde.
I’ve thought of bleach 6% and 9/1 & 9% as she is about level 6-7 no grey, natural red tones, but should I put a darker colour through the ends to break it up a bit, if so would wella 8/96 cover or would it need to be darker? I’m worried it won’t tone it down enough? Or could I just run the 9/1 with 6% through the ends?
she has about half inch roots.
thanks

I have a new client next week, she’s had box dye blonde all over both salon and home colours previously, it’s very yellow/orange, she wants to go for highlights so will get more of a natural regrowth, and stay blonde.
I’ve thought of bleach 6% and 9/1 & 9% as she is about level 6-7 no grey, natural red tones, but should I put a darker colour through the ends to break it up a bit, if so would wella 8/96 cover or would it need to be darker? I’m worried it won’t tone it down enough? Or could I just run the 9/1 with 6% through the ends?
she has about half inch roots.
thanks
I'd probably look at going a bit deeper. If you still want it to be very natural looking then I always found 7/0 + 8/96 with pastel to be a lovely lowlight over bleached hair.
I'd also consider adding some 0/28 to the 9/1.
/1 is a very lazy, subdued tone, so it doesn't neutralise warmth that we'll when lifting.
/28 kills warmth way better.

Thanks, I really didn’t want it to be too dark, thanks for all your advice 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back