Going Lighter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I currently have 4/0 tint on my hair, I have some flashes of red that were originally done with Magma and then last time stained with a red tint (can't remember what number) as I didn't really want any more bleach on my hair....naturally I'm probably more of a 5 to 6.

I have to have my hair coloured due to grey hair!

Is there any way of lightening the 4/0 without using bleach and without having to suffer my virgin roots being lighter than the rest as I would like to go a bit lighter....the 4/0 generally fades out to more of a 5 after a few weeks.

I have tried 10/0 highlights but still the virgin hair is a different colour at the roots.

I really don't want to have bleach on my hair (or maybe my hairdressers bleaching skills aren't up to par and my hair always goes chewey after bleach)....so am I stuck with being dark or just do a Britney and start again?

Scruples Blazing would be a great way to weave a couple of lighter colors into your tinted hair. But I fear no matter what you try to do that base will be different...because it is.

Rusk has a color eliminator...but your ase could still be effected. Do you have a Colorist at your salon. I'd get a good Consult.

Let us know..:D

Hi Cathi,
Color does not lift color and you don't want the difference of a lighter root area waiting for it to grow out and you don't want bleach..on we on the same page here?

Scruples Blazing is a form of bleach but it also deposits color at the same time.
Ask your stylist about it. Color removers prior to color service will get you a bit lighter also.

LOL looks like SophieA and I were on the same wave length...;)

Hi Cathi,
Color does not lift color and you don't want the difference of a lighter root area waiting for it to grow out and you don't want bleach..on we on the same page here?

Scruples Blazing is a form of bleach but it also deposits color at the same time.
Ask your stylist about it. Color removers prior to color service will get you a bit lighter also.
Is this similar to Wella Magma? That also leaves my hair 'chewey' after a while.....maybe the daily straightening but I always use pro shampoos and conditioners (Matrix) and GHD Iron Oil!

Does anyone know if we have this Scruples Blazing in the UK?

Latest posts

Back