Going mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I've been salon based for a long time. I owned my own salon up until June this year and closed up and went to another local salon as a rent a chair. Everything has been amazing g we get on so well my clients were happy with the move and I hardly lost any at all.
But today the salon owner has told me she's closing her shop christmas eve being the last day. It's completely out of her Control the land lord is being unreasonable upping g her rent by 250 per month and understandably she can't agree to them terms
Anyway I've decided to go mobile I do think like the other salons in the area (all very bitchy) but haven't a clue what to charge. I was thinking 20% drop on what I am charging now in the salon? Is that too much or is that about right?
Thanks in advance xx

Hi Hun in similar situation thought I would post as no one else has yet I'm giving up my salon at Xmas too and going mobile, I'm not offering any discount just keeping prices the same! Why do you feel you need to give discount?
Your services are to the same standard, I assume year using same products, and instead of rent you now have, fuel, extra car insurance and have to allow longer for your appointments x

Hi Hun in similar situation thought I would post as no one else has yet I'm giving up my salon at Xmas too and going mobile, I'm not offering any discount just keeping prices the same! Why do you feel you need to give discount?
Your services are to the same standard, I assume year using same products, and instead of rent you now have, fuel, extra car insurance and have to allow longer for your appointments x

Thank you for the reply.
To be honest i begrudge lowering as i think i am more than reasonable to begin with. The reason i assumed id have to lower is because all the mobile hairdressers in my area are so cheap. even with the 20% reduction i will still be at the higher end of the mobile prices.
The majority of mobile hairdressers in my area charge £30.00 for a colour (thats foils including a cut and finish) there is no way i am going that cheap. i charge £60 for this at the moment.

If you are concerned maybe do an offer on there first mobile of 10%off so it encourages them to have you and realise your still giving them an amazing service x

Tbh I would sit down write out all your services, work out how much you want to be paid an hour minimum and what the service would cost you e.g wash cut and blowdry, if that takes an hour and you want say £9 a hour, it would cost £9 (you may want to add onto this a bit of time for travel) + product cost e.g fuel, products. and then add together that's the minimum you can do it for, then at least you have something to Base your prices on, I would still add extra on top but at least you know you will be earning a decent amount of money xx

Latest posts

Back