Going over to computer bookings? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

espicer-5

Reaction score
Good evening every one hope your well.

im looking at making a few changes in my salon- hopefully to make my life a little bit easier.

im looking into changing over to a computer booking system. we are a small but busy beauty salon and we do not have a receptionist all the time, so what im after if a booking system that will allow me to book in the salon but also allow my clients to book via our website.
i have been to a spa today and i was cheeky and asked what they used and they told me they use a program called spa booker, just been on their website and they do one called salon booker and they do do it for beauty salons.
my question is what do people use and does anyone use salon booker how do you find it and is it expensive?

thank you geeks :) xxxxxxx

I use isalon, but find that most clients ring up to book!

I used ovatu its American based being a lone worker I pay $10 a month about £6 it sends out reminders you can hook it up to facebook and your website, even though I have not done this as I like to have full control of my bookings,

had it 4 month happy so far

thank you, :) there is so many out there, i do think a lot will still ring to book as i also want to take deposits if they book online, but i want to give people the option, that sounds a good price will look into that one. just downloded a free one called salonlite and thats £30pm if i want full package just done it to have a play.
do u put all your stock on there as well?

thank you :)

I use Salon Iris. I have all my retail products on there - most of which I scan in the barcode, and I have online booking which is just fantastic. All my treatments are on there and I can adapt treatments and times for different staff.

We don't have a receptionist, so I am happy paying a monthly amount which includes full data back up to cloud, help at the end of the phone and my online booking. I have also had fantastic advice from the SI team about what anti virus to use etc. It's fab x

Yes all the treatments and stock can be added too

I use Salon Iris. I have all my retail products on there - most of which I scan in the barcode, and I have online booking which is just fantastic. All my treatments are on there and I can adapt treatments and times for different staff.

We don't have a receptionist, so I am happy paying a monthly amount which includes full data back up to cloud, help at the end of the phone and my online booking. I have also had fantastic advice from the SI team about what anti virus to use etc. It's fab x

Thank you, i agree as i dont pay for a receptionist i dont mind paying it i like the fact u can adapt it as some i have seen you cant and some people to take longer. can you take deposits when booking online?
xx

Isalon is really really expensive, with a ridiculous contract - something like 4 years.

I went with premier software, you can take payment when booking online with it too.

Or salon advantage, they are good too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, i agree as i dont pay for a receptionist i dont mind paying it i like the fact u can adapt it as some i have seen you cant and some people to take longer. can you take deposits when booking online?
xx

I don't know if you can take payments online. I didn't look into it as I knew I didn't want to go down that road, but it is worth asking them. I also do a lot of text marketing and they are really cheap.

Hi, please take a look at SalonTracker Salon Tracker | Salon Software | Creating the Time & Place the salon software provides a complete salon management solution with a colour coded appointment book, client data tracking, rebook reminders and SMS booking reminders, a vast selection of business reports, advanced marketing suite and stock management to name a few features.

The software starts at only £499 with no monthly costs, support is free and unlimited. We offer a free 14 day trial for you to be sure it is the right investment for your salon.

Hope this helps.

I swapped from I salon as I was paying an extortionate amount for archaic equipment. The software is good, but not worth the money
I've signed up with salon clarity now. Which I'm regretting intensely. Was good to begin with but the more I get to know it, the worse I realise it is! And there's zero support. :-(
BUT I wouldn't be without a computer booking system it's amazing what it can do for your business!
Just choose the right one xx

I went with salon advantage in my salon. I borrowed the money to purchase the POS equipment and softwear outright rather than pay the monthly fees over a certain amount of time. All I pay for now is the monthly text messages but you can control what gets sent out and what text campaigns you use so it doesn't have to cost the earth. My 1st Xmas campaign text went out on fri and it has already paid for itself with the bookings we have taken as a result of it. We also get very few no shows which I believe is down to the text reminder the day before an appointment. Lots of reports on there including all your stock and it can calculate staff holidays, wages etc if you want it to. I'm sure there's loads more I could do with it but still figuring it all out. Look on their website, loads of little video clips showing you how it works and the support has been good so far. X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a similar thing and moved to salon iris which I'm really happy with x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

thank you, :) there is so many out there, i do think a lot will still ring to book as i also want to take deposits if they book online, but i want to give people the option, that sounds a good price will look into that one. just downloded a free one called salonlite and thats £30pm if i want full package just done it to have a play.
do u put all your stock on there as well?

thank you :)

I would love a free one did u say this was free?

I would love a free one did u say this was free?

Yes it was but very very basic, I have UN loaded it now as u could only add so many ppl and so on but I did not think £30pm was too bad fir the full package x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

You might be interested in checking out our software that we think is full featured, easy to use and the right price. www.youreontime.com We even have salons who previously used free software move over to us once they discover some free software is not all it's cracked up to be.

But whatever you choose one important question to ask is can you easily get your data out of the system. Just today I have been trying to help new users who feel trapped because their old system is not easily exportable. And when you ask the question two wrong answers are

1) We will get it out for you.
2) Run reports and export them to excel

I use Setmore. Can book from FB and can embed it in your website. Its free and my clients have really liked it. Very easy and customizable and it sends reminders via email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi can anyone tell what computer system they recommend & how long they used them for I am looking at Merlin x2 , salon iris & shortcuts. Thank you for help x

I use Salonlite, it's free for the basic system, you just pay for the reminders. You receive an email to tell you when someone has made an online booking, and the reports are easily run. I have a home salon so don't need the stock controls available with the pay package. Salonlite have been good asking for feed back from users and providing some upgrades and additional features on the free package. The automatic reminders are invaluable. My clients love being able to make bookings 24/7 and for those that don't want to book themselves, wherever I am, I always have my diary to hand on my phone or iPad.

Latest posts

Back