Going rate for a hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire_Gal

Reaction score
Hi there, im looking at opening a hair salon and looking for info at what the going rate is for a decent hairdresser. TIA xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, im looking at opening a hair salon and looking for info at what the going rate is for a decent hairdresser. TIA xx

How long is a piece of string?

Location would be a start.
Qualifications?

Define decent lol!

How long is a piece of string?

Location would be a start.
Qualifications?

Define decent lol!

Twice the distance from the centre to the end!

Cheshire

Qualified to do hair (dont know what they are in hair, maybe someone could shed some light).

Decent as in can do a good cut and blow dry (dont know how hard a blow dry is to do. Cant be that hard surely).

Twice the distance from the centre to the end!

Cheshire

Qualified to do hair (dont know what they are in hair, maybe someone could shed some light).

Decent as in can do a good cut and blow dry (dont know how hard a blow dry is to do. Cant be that hard surely).

You'd be surprised 😂

Why open a hair salon when you clearly have no knowledge of the industry?

What!!!

Hang on.....

You want someone to shed some light on qualifications??

The salon is in Cheshire.

How hard can it be to blowdry?

Are you asking how much is a cut and Blowdry or how much would you pay this hairdresser. ??

Asking how much to pay a hairdresser to work for me. We always get asked to recommend a hair salon or wish you did hair. Basically I need to spend some money or nasty Mr taxman will take it lol. See loads of hair salons branching out into beauty to make some extra ££££ so so thought I would do the opposite and see it as a way of making money. If they want to try and impinge on my business then I will do the same. What's good for the goose.........

I was thinking 20k + commission, but dont want to seem like a skin flint. It will obviously be at a different premises to keep even nastier Mr VAT man away lol xx

I think you need to expand a bit more.

Your a beauty therapist who looking to employ a hairdresser (first problem how I'll you know she's decent if you don't know the trade)

You've plucked a figure out of thin air -£20k + comm- have you worked out how many haircuts that is per day to cover a £20k wage?

Have you got any idea of employment rights/ employment law?

Your idea of a hairdresser is someone who does a decent cut and blowdry.

Your trying to fiddle the tax man and this will be at different location?

Hi

When you say Cheshire are you based around Wilmslow/Alderley Edge?

Some salons pay minimum wage plus commission so it will depend on age. That's a starting line for you.

You would need to advertise for a Stylist and trade test them. As you are not experienced with hair it would be good if you could have a Hairdresser on hand to assess their work. Do you have friends that are Hairdressers? How about your own hairdresser could he/she help out with advice with regards to a trade test?

You need to know that who you are trade testing are employable and will be beneficial to your business.

I would look at what other salons are charging so you have an idea of the cost of services. You will also know who your competition are.

The hairdressers federation have a lot of info that can be acquired if you sign up with regards to contracts, employment law etc etc

Asking how much to pay a hairdresser to work for me. We always get asked to recommend a hair salon or wish you did hair. Basically I need to spend some money or nasty Mr taxman will take it lol. See loads of hair salons branching out into beauty to make some extra ££££ so so thought I would do the opposite and see it as a way of making money. If they want to try and impinge on my business then I will do the same. What's good for the goose.........

I was thinking 20k + commission, but dont want to seem like a skin flint. It will obviously be at a different premises to keep even nastier Mr VAT man away lol xx

You'll be a LOT better off paying tax on all your bazillions you've got lying around than paying out for a salon and staff in an industry you know NOTHING about!

I get 7.80 so don't know what other salons get. Tricky when your a beauty therapist like zohan said you don't know the trade and standards of the hairdressing side.

I'd be really bad at fraud, because I don't get any of this.

Hi

When you say Cheshire are you based around Wilmslow/Alderley Edge?

Some salons pay minimum wage plus commission so it will depend on age. That's a starting line for you.

You would need to advertise for a Stylist and trade test them. As you are not experienced with hair it would be good if you could have a Hairdresser on hand to assess their work. Do you have friends that are Hairdressers? How about your own hairdresser could he/she help out with advice with regards to a trade test?

You need to know that who you are trade testing are employable and will be beneficial to your business.

I would look at what other salons are charging so you have an idea of the cost of services. You will also know who your competition are.

The hairdressers federation have a lot of info that can be acquired if you sign up with regards to contracts, employment law etc etc

No stockton heath way x

I think you need to expand a bit more.

Your trying to fiddle the tax man and this will be at different location?

There is absolutely nothing illegal in what i am looking to do. If i can make £500 a month then its £500 extra. A little from a lot makes a lot x

Its just that from reading previous posts about what hairdressers can make per annum, t may be more lucrative to be in hair than beauty.

Hairdressing probably is more lucrative than beauty but not for those who don't have a clue about the business and have a "can't be that hard" attitude!

Cheshire_gal did I not read somewhere you have lots of salons?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheshire_gal did I not read somewhere you have lots of salons?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't say a lot, just 3 small ones with 2 girls in each and me floating.

Latest posts

Back