Going Red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liv

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have blonde hair at the moment (naturally brown), however want to dye my hair red (like in the nice & easy ad..lady with the red shoes). Can any of you please advise what you think would achieve this? My friend who is about to finish her NVQ3 has offered to do it, but I want some advice before I let her loose on my blonde locks!

Thanks

Liv

haha if she finished her nvq nearly i hope she does it right. . . in my opinion, blonde hair wont hold the red very well first attempt however u do it, however their are a few things u can do. when choosing your colour make sure it isnt the purest red tone or it will jus go wishy washy really quick, i wud probably mix 1/2 the red shade with 1/2 a base shade of the depth you want to go to, mabye even 3/4 and a 1/4 in the same order depending on the brightness and condition of the current colour. try getting the hair in the best condition possible before you go fir it, ie getting rid of dry ends as much as possible as these will shed the colour fastest. . the colour will probably take the 2nd or 3rd time and hold longer after that. . hope that helped. . x

I use colour touch by wella, I also use Magma coulous to pre lighten some areas every few months.

Latest posts

Back