Going self employed help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolly1001

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Hoping for some help.
I am coming up to finishing my maternity and on a mural arrangement will not be going back to my old salon.
So I want to know how I go about being self employed becoming a mobile hairdresser?
I am a complete newbie and would appreciate the help

Do you have any clients at all? From your old salon or from home?? P

Yeah from the salon I have been taking booking starting next week very busy over the Christmas period hair up and so forth
But I don't know how to declare the income I currently have clients up until 7 Jan booked paid a small deposit

1. Your tax requirements and how to keep records (don't register until you are up and running as you have 3 months from your start date to do so) https://www.gov.uk/set-up-sole-trader
2. Set up your record keeping for the above, so either paper based (an A4 folder is fine) or in a spreadsheet.
3. Write out what you need to do your actual work, so all equipment needed, how you will clean it, how you will get to clients, how you will advertise, insurance needed, assessment of how much everything this will cost and what you will charge, etc.
4. Check your local council website to see if you need to be registered. Probably not if you're mobile but always check first.

It really doesn't take too long, a day at most.

Latest posts

Back