Going self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbells81

Reaction score
Hi I’m fairly new to doing nails . Only have a few clients . But I wanted to rent a table but not sure how I need to set myself up with being self employed. Any advice on advertising and prise listing, gaining clients.I wud be grateful .

I am in my first year of solo nail tech and this is the advise I would give myself.

1) set a marketing budget and always have an ad going. I personally found Facebook ads the best to find local clients on a budget.

2) post frequently,
I would say once a week minimum so the internet algorithm trys to boost you more.

3) make beautiful bussiness cards.

4) promotions, a lot of people advise when you are starting to build up clientele, plan your service rates of what you need them to be and then price out your minimum service charge. For the first 3 months I did a summer promo where all my services were my lowest cost for a limited time. Then when I raised them nobody was shocked cause they knew it was comming and they tried me out while I was cheap. Some stayed some left.

Latest posts

Back