Going to natural grey from years of dying brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbliki

Reaction score
Hi!
I’m a hairstylist and had a color consultation come in today. She has 100% white/grey roots about 2 inches long (been growing since covid) and miss and ends are yellowish green (she used Oops color remover 3 times and once put a silver toner on top). I did a test strand and the ends lifted to a yellowy 8. She wants lowlights and white highlight to match her natural. I was thinking of doing a heavy highlight and doing a demi between foil and then toning all over with a cool 8 on the ends and a 9/10 level at the roots. How would u guys approach this? I use goldwell and redone shades eq.

Hi!
I’m a hairstylist and had a color consultation come in today. She has 100% white/grey roots about 2 inches long (been growing since covid) and miss and ends are yellowish green (she used Oops color remover 3 times and once put a silver toner on top). I did a test strand and the ends lifted to a yellowy 8. She wants lowlights and white highlight to match her natural. I was thinking of doing a heavy highlight and doing a demi between foil and then toning all over with a cool 8 on the ends and a 9/10 level at the roots. How would u guys approach this? I use goldwell and redone shades eq.
If you put a level 8 on the ends and a 9 or 10 on the roots, you'll be left with darker ends?

Your best option in this case would be to highlight and lowlight and then formulate a toner accordingly to even out the base.

Or...a la Dame Judi Dench. Beautiful, modern, youthful.

Latest posts

Back