Going to start Desinging nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberley

Reaction score
Im going to try to start nail art on fake nails, i got a tip off laystar to buy some false nails and blue tac them to cocktail sticks, and then start painting. But i havent brought any nail art pens yet or airbrush or anything. Can i use nail vanishs? and then gloss it over? Im new to this so im a little confused on what to use and where to buy it
Please help!
Kimberley

Kimberly,

Nail art can be as sensible or wild as your imagination allows! The great thing about nail art is, unlike nail extensions or natural nail care, there really is no right or wrong.

You can use nail varnishes, nail art pens which have very long thin brushes, glitter, rhinestones, foil.......the list is endless!!!

I started doing nail art by getting a book on nail art (I got K-Sa-Ra's book) and tryed to recreate the designs. The first ones will be awful but gradually you will get better and better.

So get them tips and some nail varnishes and get doing some artwork. If you have a digital camera take some piccies and I'm sure the girls on here will give you some constructive criticism. After all, we all started at the beginning!!!!

For practice and having fun until you get the pens etc. Nail varnish is good to use but for fine detail you need to work a bit quicker a it dries quick.

You don't just need to use brushes, cocktail sticks, sponges anything around that your imagination can think of - and see if it works.

If money is tight the nail art pens in a kit form are being sold in a catalogue so you can pay for them weekly. They are great a long brush and a nozzle bit for more intricate bits.

Marbelling is another way. or do some abstract designs with your varnish you can't do anything wrong with those.

Have fun doing them!!

You could get yourself to an art shop/stationers and buy yourself some acrylic paint ... it's only about £1 a bottle and it lasts FOREVER cos you only use a little bit. If you haven't got any nail tips yet to practise on, you can buy a bag of the stick on nails from a chemist, or somewhere like Wilkinsons for about £1 and you can try doing it on them.

Try painting a varnish on your nails ( don't forget the base coat tho!) and use a cocktail stick to make little flowers in a random pattern.The more pressure you put on the cocktail stick, the bigger the dot, so nice and lightly does it ... you could leave your nails natural and paint some little white daisies with a yellow centre along your smile line. Don't forget to let the paint dry, and use a clear top coat to seal the paint, but make sure you don't drag the brush,or it'll pull all the paint off .... just let it glide or float over the nail, if you know what i mean.

Have you looked at chocolate's site .... www.netnails.net it's got LOADS of ideas.

Just take your time, but most of all, have fun !!!

Kimberley said:
Im going to try to start nail art on fake nails, i got a tip off laystar to buy some false nails and blue tac them to cocktail sticks, and then start painting. But i havent brought any nail art pens yet or airbrush or anything. Can i use nail vanishs? and then gloss it over? Im new to this so im a little confused on what to use and where to buy it
Please help!
Kimberley

sawasdee ka kimberly

In your country have reeves acrylic paint for box 18 color is 4.99 is grren and yellow box and have box 12 color is i think 3.50 it is same layla and my salon use and is good for nail art and last you long time .

Buy small brush cheap for nail art size 0 and 1 and buy some tips cheap ones and cheap polish after polish the tip and after dry you can make some nail art and practice and like lady speak b4 have fun and enjoy .

Mui from Thailand

Lol Mui ;)

Reeves acrylic paints are brilliant for nail art and they are so cheap too. Me and Mui love them :D

xxlaylaxx

sawasdee ka

We are today painting 11 sets of step by step flowers we love flowers for you and will put on web site later .

After we put them there will be 2 page and 50 step by step for you to do if you want we use not exspensive tips have cheap polish and reeve acrylic paint and do with small art brush .

When you do first time is maybe not good the after good and after if you practice very good just what we speak in thai cha cha slowly slowly :D .

Mui from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back