Going to try Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry's Nails

Reaction score
Well, despite my migraines from acrylic in the past Im going to give it another go and see if I can have as much fun as you guys do.
I love doing gel dont get me wrong - but I want to make flowers etc and thought I would get a sample pack (try me kit) from CND.
They sent me

Retention+
pink powder
white powder
scrubfresh
wipes
fast track instructions !!!!

Before I dive in and give it a go (after using IBD products in the past) is there any advice anyone can give me on technique, or can you explain the difference between retention and monomer (which I have used in the past) - surely the rest is just getting the mix right.
LOL if this works out I will post some pics for you of my first attempt. :lol:
Thanks for your help in advance

Hi mate, have you done any formal training with acrylic? Or just gel? Had a look at your profile but am not sure?
If you have been doing only gel for over a year then i would defo do a refresher course with CND.
If you just dive in when unsure of techniques with only written advice ,honestly you will be left feeling very deflated.
Nothing beats seeing technique:hug:

Retention+ is monomer (the liquid part of L&P is monomer no matter what the brand) hun its just the CND brand name for that particular monomer, I agree with Illumegirl, do you have L&P training of some sort?

Thank you both for your replies, I have taken on board your advice and will look into a conversion course in CND in L&P and see how I go from there. :hug:

Latest posts

Back