Gold thrown out in blonde tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly Paige

Reaction score
Hiya,
Basicallly, I’m a natural base 7, and have been using koleston 12/1 for years and years and it was always a lovely colour.. since having my children it is now so dull, and flat, and throwing of a lot of gold. It’s awful yellow with gold root. I want to get my hair a lovely bright almost white blonde, without using harsh bleach ( my hair couldn’t take it ).. I need help lol!!

Attachments

• 429F122B-B80B-44D7-BA7F-32280DEF96E8.jpeg
    429F122B-B80B-44D7-BA7F-32280DEF96E8.jpeg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 102
Hiya,
Basicallly, I’m a natural base 7, and have been using koleston 12/1 for years and years and it was always a lovely colour.. since having my children it is now so dull, and flat, and throwing of a lot of gold. It’s awful yellow with gold root. I want to get my hair a lovely bright almost white blonde, without using harsh bleach ( my hair couldn’t take it ).. I need help lol!!
Unfortunately I don't think you'll get that bright white blonde look without lifting it first then toning.
The cleanest lift I ever got was always 12/81 + 12/89 + 40vol for 60mins
Otherwise use bleach + 1.9% to lift the banding and then your natural up and then tone with 10/16

Brilliant thank you for the reply.. would you say equal amounts of 12/81 + 12/89?

I want to get my hair a lovely bright almost white blonde, without using harsh bleach ( my hair couldn’t take it ).. I need help lol!!

Lol, at ‘harsh bleach’ but perfectly happy to use 40vol. 🤦‍♀️

Was there any need to be rude?
Also, i have hair down to tail bone, so can’t be that bad. Just haven’t got thick hair. Thanks for you input though!

Brilliant thank you for the reply.. would you say equal amounts of 12/81 + 12/89?
Yes :) but I would consider bleach and tone.
Essentially Highlift with 40vol is more damaging than, a good quality bleach and a low developer.

How rude ! This is what puts me off using this site! And that comment from a premium well known member !!
Thank god for all the lovely helpful members 🙌
Agree with first comment !!

How rude ! This is what puts me off using this site! And that comment from a premium well known member !!
Thank god for all the lovely helpful members 🙌
Agree with first comment !!

A qualified professional SHOULD KNOW that bleach and low vol developer is better for hair than a highlift tint plus 40vol. That’s one of the most basic rules of colouring and if you don’t understand why, you shouldn’t be offering colour services.

I’m fed up with having to re-educate clients who have received a poor service from their previous hairdresser who should know better and especially those who recommend a highlift tint because it’s much less work for them, but the profit margin is the same.

A qualified professional SHOULD KNOW that bleach and low vol developer is better for hair than a highlift tint plus 40vol. That’s one of the most basic rules of colouring and if you don’t understand why, you shouldn’t be offering colour services.

I’m fed up with having to re-educate clients who have received a poor service from their previous hairdresser who should know better and especially those who recommend a highlift tint because it’s much less work for them, but the profit margin is the same.
If your “fed up of educating” why don’t you keep your comments to yourself and think before you speak. You come across as a bully.

If your “fed up of educating” why don’t you keep your comments to yourself and think before you speak. You come across as a bully.
Agreed. So condescending.

Touché.

So you’re happy to register and post a single rude comment telling me not to bother posting, but what have you brought to the table?

Are either of you going to offer any constructive advice or are you just here to make snide comments?

Last edited:
Exactly that. Instead of apologising, you would prefer to patronise. Such a shame, as it’s quite a good forum. But that’s narcissistic people for you I suppose.

And still nothing constructive…

Wow.. I thought this forum was for professional people needing advice not for bickering. At the end of the day it's a Choice we have to either use highlift/special blonde tint with 40vol which has been designed to be used for 4-5 levels of lift or to bleach and tone at a lower volume. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have been qualified for a long time and have seen many theories come and go and come back again. What you fail to take into consideration in your rather blinkered statement of ‘any professionally trained hairdresser should know’ is that everyone is trained at different times and from different reps that’s are selling their different products. It is important for anyone to be able to share their thoughts on sites like this without being shouted down for it.
The trend at the moment is to use bleach and low peroxide then toner and along with all the array of olaplex type products for additional condition. All together more sales for the companies involved and more money in our tills.
what you are also failing to look at in the argument of which is best btwn highlift/bleach is the variable of what the clients hair texture is and what they use at home - hair drying straightening shampoos etc. The bottom line is that bleach feels different to highlift no matter how you use either. And if you don’t accept that your client may walk away unhappy with this view of bleach is best forced upon her.
If you are a GOOD hairdresser you will work with the education you have received and read and learn continuously other people’s views and experiences and know that NO rule fits all.
this site is for exactly that and to better ourselves and learn from others and I think there should be a standard of behaviour adhered to if you have a senior member badge.

I have been qualified for a long time and have seen many theories come and go and come back again. What you fail to take into consideration in your rather blinkered statement of ‘any professionally trained hairdresser should know’ is that everyone is trained at different times and from different reps that’s are selling their different products. It is important for anyone to be able to share their thoughts on sites like this without being shouted down for it.
The trend at the moment is to use bleach and low peroxide then toner and along with all the array of olaplex type products for additional condition. All together more sales for the companies involved and more money in our tills.
what you are also failing to look at in the argument of which is best btwn highlift/bleach is the variable of what the clients hair texture is and what they use at home - hair drying straightening shampoos etc. The bottom line is that bleach feels different to highlift no matter how you use either. And if you don’t accept that your client may walk away unhappy with this view of bleach is best forced upon her.
If you are a GOOD hairdresser you will work with the education you have received and read and learn continuously other people’s views and experiences and know that NO rule fits all.
this site is for exactly that and to better ourselves and learn from others and I think there should be a standard of behaviour adhered to if you have a senior member badge.
I agree with you totally👍

Totally agree, I hate the feel of bleached hair. I prefer the 40 vol and tint. Also xp 12.21 is a lovely colour or 12.1.

Totally agree, I hate the feel of bleached hair. I prefer the 40 vol and tint. Also xp 12.21 is a lovely colour or 12.1.

Then you’re not using the bleach correctly.

Then you’re not using the bleach correctly.
Again you persist at knocking peoples views. NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE.
Bonds are broken in any oxidation in a colour treatment so hair is damaged with either process. Highlift causes LESS moisture loss hence why it FEELS different on some peoples hair. Whilst technology might state that less damage is caused by bleach used with low peroxide it is for sure dependent on other variable factors. It’s like - pharmaceutical company saying paracetamol cures all headaches when it doesn’t in practise sometimes you need a little more.
Explain why and how you get your best results from bleach on those peoples hair that it feels different with bleach instead of knocking peoples comments or simply don’t comment at all and leave it for someone who is going to be more helpful to answer

Latest posts

Back