Golden blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

AJSinger

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a nice Golden blonde colour ? I use Montibello but I have not yet tried any of their golden blondes yet. I Have a new client, she is not happy with her current hairdresser which always adds a bit of pressure! She is a natural level 6 I would say (but I Have only seen photos so it is tough to see) and she has blonde all over. But it is very yellow looking and quite patchy. I can see she has a dark natural level 6 root, then a very golden looking (about an inch maybe) growth of warm blonde, looks like it has not been lifted enough to meAnd then a level 9 band after that (possibly a couple o inches ) where the toner has hit! and then the rest is just very yellow - old bleach I imagine that has not been touched for a long time. She said her hairdresser tried to put highlights through it to get rid of the gold band but it has not worked. Anyway, I have suggested a few golden slices/weaves through there to break it up at a level 7 (her aim is a "natural gold blonde") and lift out that warm inch with some more bleach. I wondered if a nice root tap would work to blend it all in but I am always nervous about the best colour to go for. Usually I go in with a level 5 as my clients are happy with a darker root smudge. But I don't think she will be. Any tips on a nice root smudge that will give her that natural look she is after. Would you suggest I lift the roots first (seeing as they are so dark), then apply a root smudge along with some slices to get some depth in there and add a bit of character? I hope I have made sense, thinking out loud whilst I type!!

AJSinger

Reaction score
Here you go I managed to get a photo, she may even be a level 5 root. Looks quite dark to me but photos can be very deceiving. But you can see that warm band I am talking about after the root? And then the band where the toner has hit! By the way, she has assured me that her hair is not in bad condition, she has course curly hair...

Attachments

AJSinger

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain but has anyone had a chance to look at this one please? She is coming to me on Sat and another hairdresser has given me some advice, I am in 2 minds about what method to go for Thank you

Latest posts