Goldwell colour remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Just bought some Goldwell colour remover and on the instructions is says, 'If you want to check how much colour was actually removed during the application.", apply approx 40ml of colorance lotion (pure) or top chic 6% lotion (diluted 1:1 with water). Amount depends on thickness and length. Leave for 3 mins then rinse well. If the hair has returned to it original colour or in case of sufficient colour having been removed, repeat colour remover.'

What I'm wondering is do you HAVE to to the top chic 6%? If so, can I just use L'Oreal developer?

Tia

Any developer will work in this instance as it's just the catalyst for the colour molecules to expand to full size so that you can see them.

The reducer works by shattering the molecules into tiny particles that can be washed away. That's why you have to agitate the hair whilst rinsing. If there are any colour molecules remaining, they re-oxidise and grow big again and if there's enough of them, the hair will look coloured again.

Last edited:
Any developer will work in this instance as it's just the catalyst for the colour molecules to expand to full size so that you can see them.

The reducer works by shattering the molecules into tiny particles that can be washed away. That's why you have to agitate the hair whilst rinsing. If there are any colour molecules remaining, they re-oxidise and grow big again and if there's enough of them, the hair will look coloured again.
Would you recommend doing it then? Or just making sure I REALLY rinse well? X

I'd depends on how saturated the colour is.

If the colour has been re-applied to the same area on each occasion, I'd probably apply the colour reducer up to 3 times. For instance, it's more likely to be heavily saturated if your client has been using box dyes. If the colour was done at a salon, hopefully, they won't have taken through to the tips each time.

It probably worth applying the developer to a small section just to check.

Is the client going lighter afterwards?

She's been home colouring. It's approx a 4-5 on the ends.

She wants to be lighter not light. X

Latest posts

Back