Goldwell for warm blonde on level 5

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbliki

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a new client with virgin level 5 hair who would like to be warm blonde with maybe some accent highlights. I am thinking to try the 11 series….I never used this on a whole head so it kind of scares me as does any major lifting with color. I’m worried about too warm of a result. Do I use a different developer on roots than the mids and ends to avoid a hot root? Which 11 should I use?

Hi everyone!
I have a new client with virgin level 5 hair who would like to be warm blonde with maybe some accent highlights. I am thinking to try the 11 series….I never used this on a whole head so it kind of scares me as does any major lifting with color. I’m worried about too warm of a result. Do I use a different developer on roots than the mids and ends to avoid a hot root? Which 11 should I use?
Highlifts are generally recommended for use on hair that's a level 6 or lighter.
You have to also anticipate red and orange undertones being exposed during the lifting process.

Whichever shade you decide is best, you will need to start with the mid lengths and ends first allow to develop for at least 20 minutes before applying anything to the scalp.
You can also use a higher developer for the ends. Example :- 12% on the mid lengths and ends and 9% on roots.

I agree with @ronray
It also depends on how warm you want the end result to be. Highlift tints aren’t always good at lifting and neutralising excess red/orange tones on darker levels. Plus I wouldn’t want to use tint mixed with 12% on the scalp.

Can you do some strand tests first?

Latest posts

Back