Quantcast

Goldwell help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

HairbyJess

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so sorry if I haven't written it quite right. A little background of me: Level 3 hairdressing qualified, worked in two salons and have been mobile hairdressing for the past 18 months (and loving it!)

My problem: So today I did a new client (cut) who has re-booked for T-sec in 6 weeks. She reacted to the first patch test (Matrix, my main brand and the one I'm most familiar with) so I did a second with my back-up brand Goldwell. So far so good, she hasn't messaged to say it's reacted 😓 So it looks as if I'm going to be using Goldwell. Anyway last time I used Goldwell was when I worked in the salon and I'm no way near as familiar with it as I am Matrix. Had it been Matrix the plan was alternate foils of 12% bleach and high-lift (UL-N and 9%), and then toned visually with colour sync SPV (10V for non-matrix users) until cool. She's a base 6 with 50% grey and currently has about 2 inch regrowth. Mid-lengths and ends are highlighted with what looks like similar technique to what I'm planning.

I don't have a colour chart for Goldwell, so please could someone point me in the right direction of the Goldwell equivalents of UL-N and SPV please? I've tried looking at their website but it's not very clear and I'm out of the loop with Goldwell so it's a bit confusing. Is special-lift their high-lift?

Thanks in advance, and please go easy on me if I've made a mistake or this was already covered in another thread 😦
Stay safe 😊 Jess

ronray

Reaction score
If she's only a base 6 why are you using bleach + 12%? Just curious.... Bleach + 6% should be more than enough to get a clean level 10. Goldwells equivalent to SPV would be colorance 10V.
ULN equivalent would be Topchic 11N or 11BN

HairbyJess

Reaction score
Thanks ronray, that's exactly what I was looking for 😊 And good point about the bleach, thanks for the reminder 👍

Latest posts