Goldwell mixes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natlaw

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question but can you use the mixes vv, rr, ect on there own? I've used them to add to colours and just wondered if they can be used alone, also of you use the clear alone dose this just add shine. Not been using goldwell long so still not sure about everything.🛀😄

From what I remember you can't use the mixes on their own as the colour would not hold and would be wishy washy. They are designed to be mixed with a tint to brighten it.

It's a while since I did a goldwell course so it may have changed (on my list of courses to do this year!) but I would assume they would label them as a normal tint and not a mixer if they could be used alone.

Thanks that dose make sense x

The Goldwell Topchic or Colourance mixes cannot be used on their own, I cannot remember the max you can use, will get back to you on that.

If you want bright reds in Topchic go for Effects Tubes which is for use with foils (but not scalp application), comes out almost fluorescent.

The Colourance range is quasi colour, and the clear will just give shine, or you can mix it with a colour and get a translucent look.

You can also mix clear with Topchic to make it quasi, (credit to the Salon Geek who told me that - thank you).

The Goldwell Topchic or Colourance mixes cannot be used on their own, I cannot remember the max you can use, will get back to you on that.

If you want bright reds in Topchic go for Effects Tubes which is for use with foils (but not scalp application), comes out almost fluorescent.

The Colourance range is quasi colour, and the clear will just give shine, or you can mix it with a colour and get a translucent look.

You can also mix clear with Topchic to make it quasi, (credit to the Salon Geek who told me that - thank you).

Up to 50% :) x

Latest posts

Back