Goldwell Topchic tone codes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Andersen

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone give help with this range, in terms of the tonal codes they use. I'm interested in their cans as they are 250ml and I think represent good value. I have a client who is a base of around 4/5 and I highlight with bleach and lowlight with a cool shade at level 7/8. They have a shade 8CA, which is cool ash. I'm assuming at level 8 this will be a blue tone. Can anyone confirm this or has anyone used this shade?
Thanks

Sorry, I can’t help as I’ve not come across an 8CA although I haven’t used Goldwell for a few years.
I originally trained using Goldwell and like their colour but I was less keen on their styling products.

Here’s a link to their current online colour manual. I can’t see a C Tone mentioned there either?

https://www.goldwell.com/content/da...tion/color-continuum/all-about-color-2020.pdf
4DB5EB53-8C1F-428C-AD91-FEE6FE11F5FD.jpeg

Strange 🤔 ok thanks for the info 🙂

Hey

You are right, 8CA is is an extra cool ash and is a blue ash tone. I used to use Goldwell. From memory, It’s quite smokey and strong. I’d hesitate using it alone on light blonde ( 9 and above ) hair as a lowlight unless you were wanting a quite ashy result.
hope it goes well.

Hey

You are right, 8CA is is an extra cool ash and is a blue ash tone. I used to use Goldwell. From memory, It’s quite smokey and strong. I’d hesitate using it alone on light blonde ( 9 and above ) hair as a lowlight unless you were wanting a quite ashy result.
hope it goes well.
Thanks for that.
The clients hair pulls a lot of warmth. I had been using 6SB mixed 50/50 with 8N for ages on her lowlight, but she decided she wanted to go a bit lighter. So last time I used mostly 8N with a small amount of the 6SB and I thought it came out a bit warm. I'll attach a pic of the finished colour. Any advice on what to use would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201219_145528.jpg
    20201219_145528.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 46
Ah nice. Okay so there is an 8SB in colorance as well if you wanted to use that. I believe 8CA has a stronger cool tone than than 8SB and will mute more warmth. Personally, if I were using 8CA as a lowlight on foiled hair, I’d probably add in 8N in some capacity so it doesn’t it overtone

Thanks, I'll have a think about that. Appreciate your advice 🙂

Hello,
Can anyone give help with this range, in terms of the tonal codes they use. I'm interested in their cans as they are 250ml and I think represent good value. I have a client who is a base of around 4/5 and I highlight with bleach and lowlight with a cool shade at level 7/8. They have a shade 8CA, which is cool ash. I'm assuming at level 8 this will be a blue tone. Can anyone confirm this or has anyone used this shade?
Thanks

Hi I use GOLDWELL regularly and I can confirm that it is blue

Latest posts

Back