Gone with the wind

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Who has read it, who has seen the film. I've read it so many times I could do it on Mastermind. In fact when someone did I beat them !!!
My all time favourite - anyone else ????

ive seen the film a few times, but

frankly my dear, i dont give a damm

that must be the best one liner in history hahahahahahahahaha

This is my mum's favourite film. I haven't seen it or read the book.

My mum says you need to watch it in the middle of the afternoon, when its peeing down with rain, snuggled up with a cosy blanket, a box of tissues and mega munchies.

We keep saying we'll do it, but it never happens!

Wonder if it's on over Christmas?

ive seen the film a few times, but

frankly my dear, i dont give a damm

that must be the best one liner in history hahahahahahahahaha

This is my mum's favourite film. I haven't seen it or read the book.

My mum says you need to watch it in the middle of the afternoon, when its peeing down with rain, snuggled up with a cosy blanket, a box of tissues and mega munchies.

We keep saying we'll do it, but it never happens!

It is a great film BUT the book is so much better - give it a go:)

bound to be - ill be watching it if it is - cos there will be nowt else on.........

ps. youre mum is right too:hug:

One of my all time fav's - love it.
Vivien Leigh was so beautiful. I think she looked the most stunning in the red slightly sparkly dress that she wore when her & Rhett went to Melly's house when the blokes all went off to sort out the man that had attacked Scarlet & all the 'womenfolk' were at home sewing!
Mind you, all the dresses were fab, even the one made out of the curtains from Tara!

I could never understand why she fancied that twerp Ahhhhhshley! When Rhett was such a catch & loaded too lol!

Excellent film!

Read the book a few times, seen the film more times than I can remember, but probably not quite as many as 'The Great Escape' - as that's always on at chrimbo!!

Me and my mate Caz, both 16 went to see it at the fliks in Nottingham, it was a midnight showing and it was wonderful to see it on the big screen.
What a fantastic film.

I dont think I have ever seen it but do really feel like watching some of the old weepies - does anybody know of which ones are on over xmas?

Love the film

In fact in Feb we have a charity ball and the theme is Hollywood classics. I would love to dress as Vivien Leigh from the film. Any idea where I could get a dress like that?

I've not seen it or read it.
It is a great film BUT the book is so much better - give it a go:)

Ok, I will.
Right after I finish reading 'My Booky Wook' by Russell Brand.

You know i adore this film Adele....we should join together with a "gone with the wind" fan club:eek::lol:...

I love Vivien Leigh i absolutely do,and Olivia De Haviland....Vivien Leigh was a very feisty carachter herself,born in the same year as my grandmother....but which year Adele???:idea:

It is a shame she died so young....i think she put Laurence Olivier on his toes though:)

I have read the book too,got the special dvd,which has interviews on it,and will watch it over and over agian...in fact,i have a few hours free today so i will curl on the sofa with Anoushka my cat,have a large glass of chardonnay,and get caught up with it and escape from this world and turn back time and have a weep...:rolleyes::lol:

You know i adore this film Adele....we should join together with a "gone with the wind" fan club:eek::lol:...

I love Vivien Leigh i absolutely do,and Olivia De Haviland....Vivien Leigh was a very feisty carachter herself,born in the same year as my grandmother....but which year Adele???:idea:

It is a shame she died so young....i think she put Laurence Olivier on his toes though:)

I have read the book too,got the special dvd,which has interviews on it,and will watch it over and over agian...in fact,i have a few hours free today so i will curl on the sofa with Anoushka my cat,have a large glass of chardonnay,and get caught up with it and escape from this world and turn back time and have a weep...:rolleyes::lol:
She was born in 1913 - wasn't she great:)

this was the first film my mum went to see at the pictures, and watching it with her on the telly growing up ...reminds me of my mum

Its a fantastic film.I love old films my hubby loves all the old ealing comedies.Best one for christmas though has to be Its a wonderful life ...everytime a bell rings an angel gets its wings :cry::cry::cry: don't get me started.

MY MUMS FAV FILM ANd..............NOW MY 6YR OLDS FAV FILM.:green:

DID you know there was a sequel.......not supposed to be anything like the original ...by another author etc....but i spose worth a read

Its called 'Scarlet'

ALso .......................gone with the wind hits the WEST END ( london ) next year from APRIL

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a book shelf.. and on the top shelf of that bookshelf is every book i ever read that meant something special to me.. Its a no go zone.. which means.. no-one borrows or touches.. on that shelf is books like.. The Outsiders.. To Kill a Mokingbird.. A patch of Blue.. a very special leather bound copy of LOTR (that my dad gave me when i was 12 ) Little women.. and yup.. Gone with the wind..
The movie is brill.. but frankly my dear.. NOTHING on the book..
I am a sucker for that period.. i adore the costumes and manners.. ::sigh:: who'd a thunk a head banger like I would get soppy over cotton picking and family homes??

MY MUMS FAV FILM ANd..............NOW MY 6YR OLDS FAV FILM.:green:

DID you know there was a sequel.......not supposed to be anything like the original ...by another author etc....but i spose worth a read

Its called 'Scarlet' DON'T READ IT - I'VE NEVER GOT OVER IT

ALso .......................gone with the wind hits the WEST END ( london ) next year from APRIL

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a book shelf.. and on the top shelf of that bookshelf is every book i ever read that meant something special to me.. Its a no go zone.. which means.. no-one borrows or touches.. on that shelf is books like.. The Outsiders.. To Kill a Mokingbird.. A patch of Blue.. a very special leather bound copy of LOTR (that my dad gave me when i was 12 ) Little women.. and yup.. Gone with the wind..
The movie is brill.. but frankly my dear.. NOTHING on the book..
I am a sucker for that period.. i adore the costumes and manners.. ::sigh:: who'd a thunk a head banger like I would get soppy over cotton picking and family homes??
Just shows your good taste:)

Latest posts

Back