Good airbrush set up for a beginner!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you air brush queens could recommend a good airbrush set up for a beginner. I know it is really important to get a good airbrush since it will make life a lot easier. Can anyone recommend a good brand or a website? TIA and I promise to post pictures when I get the hang of airbrushing! :D

Hi Rhonda,

Take a look at Melle's site www.allthingsnails.com :thumbsup: or Gina Wallace at www.ginawallace.com :thumbsup: there you will find some stunning airbrush designs in their respective galleries.

:sunny:

Hi Rhonda,

I am infact to a bit of a novice at airbrushing....I done a course a few months back, and they reccommended the Badger airbrush and commpressor, which I find to be quite good.

Kat xx

Rhonda said:
I was wondering if any of you air brush queens could recommend a good airbrush set up for a beginner. I know it is really important to get a good airbrush since it will make life a lot easier. Can anyone recommend a good brand or a website? TIA and I promise to post pictures when I get the hang of airbrushing! :D

Hi Rhonda, there are lots of different airbrushes and compressors available.

I personally like the Iwatas with either the Medea paints or Createx paints.

You may have access to other brands in the US we do not have here and vice versa.

There is a Yahoo Group for airbrushing http://groups.yahoo.com/group/airbrushing/

Good luck and let us know what you choose at the end of the day.

hi ya..........
i recently went to creative to do a fabric conversion and 1 of the creative educators was teaching with su do, its fab and obviously the creative trainer thought so aswell...........ive got the su do pro 2000 and it is good........check out www.su-do.com with there packages u get a free days training........vicx

I do my airbrush shopping at BearAir, 1-800-bearair. I have a Vega 1000 for airbrushing nails and a Vega 2000 for tanning, I am happy with both airbrush's. The people at BearAir are very helpful.

:oops: I feel a fool...didn't realise you wanted advice on WHICH airbrush to get...sorry :oops: ...anyway, got mine from SIMAIR Graphics.... ;)

I have recently purchased the Essential Nails Home Learn Airbrushing Course.

Ive been a bit worried about the quality as it was such a brilliant price - you get a big reduction if you already have a nail trainer-but it arrived yesterday and the whole thing is excellent.

The brush and compressor are IWATA and the paints are MEdea.

Ive had a go and it is great fun. Plus you get a good video to learn from (check out Gina Wallaces Hair - it never moves! LOL)

I think they are launching this product in the States from the beginning of august.

Good luck!

Take a look at K-Sa-Ra's website www.netnails.net. They sell Iwata compressors and airbrushes as well as Medea paints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back