Good at what you do? Love what you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
That Lynne Baker ...you all know her, the brainy one with all the great ideas. :lick:

Anyway her thread
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/222850-dont-believe-hype.html

got me thinking...Are we good at what we do because we love what we do?

I love doing eyebrows (tinting & shaping) , electrolysis and nails . I would happily do any of them all day every day and because of that I am very good at them.
Waxing and facials ...I'm happy enough doing them too but given the choice would choose one of the others.
Make up .....don't mind , like the retail end

body treatments ..........yawn!

So what floats your boat and is your love of that treatment reflected in your business?

If not , why not?

I love facials and pedis could easily do them all day everyday. Massage not so fussed and i cant stand body wraps seriously i dont see the point. I do enjoy a good body scrub but really anything that i can see instant results i love to do lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I absolutely lurve lashes and HD Brows, which are my most popular treatments. Because I love them I'm good at them so tend to advertise them more so.

Shellac and intimate waxing are next inline and enjoy doing but pedicures are not my favourite at all 😒

I really enjoy doing most of my treatments because of the variety. With waxing I think I'm pretty good, it won't take that long and has a fantastic mark up, and love nearly every other treatment I do. Least fave is probably pedis because they're such a faff with the clearing up after! I have had a client who went elsewhere for her pedis, but the girl said she hated doing them, so the client started coming to me. She asked me if I hated doing them. I said 'No, I LOVE pedicures. It's so great to see the transformation of the feet when you've finished....' blah blah blah! Can't stand them - still think I do a good one tho!!!

Rinn I think you're spot on, we are good at what we do because we love what we do! I believe our industries are some of the happiest in their jobs. It makes such a difference having a passion for what you do :)

I personally love all aspects & the variety that my job brings. Anything that shows a good result I find very satisfying!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Cousin, loving your threads at the minute...keep em coming..

I love anything to do with nails which includes feet, love the way clients feel that feet are more of a pampering treat. I dont particularly hate any treatments i just prefer nails, its my thing! which is why i dont actually offer all that i am qualified in as i picked what i wanted to do.

I do believe that we are better at the treatments that we love though and are passionate about and i think that relays to clients

Latest posts

Back