Good book recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really don't want too read hunger games or Harry potter or historic books.
Quite like futuristic. Any sci fi readers?

I loved twilight films, any similar books?

There's a new one out called kiss me first, looking forward to reading that in future. It's about a girl who takes on the persona of an online girl who's outgoing fun and pretty, all she's not. And she gets in deep with the social network.

Can I have a not more detail on gone girl and game of thrones? Xx

Gone girl is about a man whos wife disappears. It is told through his eyes as he is the suspect, he is not a very likable character and features her diary in the run up to her disappearing. There are so many twists and turns, it takes you down so many avenues. You are convinced you know who the real abductor is/are about 10 times!! Its not like normal crime fiction where there are defined goodies and baddies. Best book I have read since god kmows when. And I read loads of books!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

the vogue factor by ex vogue editior kirstie clements if your into the fashion industry a tell all what we don't see or know about models staying thin etc cant wait till my copies deliver!

I'm reading a good book at the moment called The Linnet Bird

It is a story of a young girls life and the changes she has to make to find a better life for herself. I really like it and can't put it down

Oh I love reading, unfortunately I cant recommend any you may like I love 'love' stories, Miriam Keyes, Celia Ahern, Tess Simpson etc lol!

But I do like true crime books, nothing too gory well no details anyway... The cocky watchman, the cartel, gunchester, powder wars, the governor. The Bronson book I had to give up, as it was giving me nightmares :( (in my defence I read before bed ;))

Xx

Black dagger brotherhood by jr ward are my fav series.
I'm currently catching up on Christine feehan, ghost walker series. Psychically enhanced special forces, who track down their mates (girls who were enhanced in cages since babies), verrrry steamy once they meet their mates ;)

Gone girl is one of the best books I've read and i am an avid reader. My hubby was laughing at me because i found my self smiling as i was reading it as there is so many unpredictable twists and turns. Im sick of reading predictable books, this one was brilliant 😊

The passage by Justin Cronin is fantastic. Really difficult to describe but you could like it if you're into sci-fi. It changes as to whose view the story was from but is about an apocolyptic type world after a new species is created and is a bit zombie like but totally different.

If you like chick lit, easy summer reads Tracy Bloom is good and funny. She only has 2 books out. Nobody has sex on a Tuesday and one I can't remember, but its great xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

have you read any by Garth nix? It sounds like you'd like his books try sabriel its the first in a trilogy for young adults its brilliant. Now you've reminded me of it I might read it again next. or there's the keys to the kingdom series which starts with mister Monday I think the keys to the kingdom series is actually for younger teens but I loved them as they're quite dark but easy reading. Or again try laurell k. Hamilton the Anita Blake series is really a good a bit like a more adult twilight but with vamps, werewolves, demons and zombies xxx

Thank you, I'll checks them out!

I've decided to re-read the mortal instruments city of bones, the films out in 2 weeks so I thought I'd brush up :)

Jemima :)

Really don't want too read hunger games or Harry potter or historic books.
Quite like futuristic. Any sci fi readers?

I loved twilight films, any similar books?

There's a new one out called kiss me first, looking forward to reading that in future. It's about a girl who takes on the persona of an online girl who's outgoing fun and pretty, all she's not. And she gets in deep with the social network.

Try beautiful creatures its either a 3 or 4 book series (can't quite remember). It's not the same as there's no vampires and werewolves etc but it features witches (called casters in the books), the main characters are very likeable and I just got hooked straight away.

If you have a kindle you an download a free sample of the book to see if you like it, before buying the book.

Jemima :)

a thousand splendid suns by Kalid Hussein........un-put-down-able

Oh I read the book in Egypt and I loved it, intact when I finished it I was really sad x

My customer just have me "blue dahlia" part of a triology. Anyone read? X

Latest posts

Back