Good idea to go for VTCT beauty therapist course rather than NVQ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasalih13

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help I'm looking to become a beauty therapist so im trying to find a level 2 course but I also need to carry on working full-time so something on the weekends or a short term . Iv found a brilliant course which is a VTCT level 2 diploma , What is VTCT and how is it different from a NVQ and would this help me in say getting a job in a salon?

thanks

Sara

NVQ is a type of qualification
VTCT is an awarding body.
City & guilds & ITEC are also examples of awarding bodies.
So you could be on an apprenticeship nvq level 2 and your certificate at the end will be awarded by vtct , for example.

Hi thank you for writing back that was very helpful.
So I did think about an apprenticeship however unfortunately the wage is a bit of a killer for me so iv been looking at weekend or evening courses which all seem to be VTCT diplomas . I’m just a bit worried that having a VTCT instead of a NVQ will make things more difficult later getting the job

Hi thank you for writing back that was very helpful.
So I did think about an apprenticeship however unfortunately the wage is a bit of a killer for me so iv been looking at weekend or evening courses which all seem to be VTCT diplomas . I’m just a bit worried that having a VTCT instead of a NVQ will make things more difficult later getting the job

I went to college twice a week in the evening and it was awarded by vtct, I got a job straight away

oh Brilliant, Music to my ears lol
Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back