Good nail stamping polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're missing my point. I've asked it the same question twice and you still haven't answered it. I'm just going to agree to disagree and move on.
Have a great week peeps.

What is your point exactly? Why I haven't asked the other geek why she's recommending Barry M when there is a wider choice of professional products to choose from? I have put my input in what I would recommend for someone new to stamping. Something easy to use and has a wide range of options. I have no comment to make on Barry M. I don't use Barry M.
Asking someone if they're a nail technician/professional is a good starter point as to where we could direct the geek to purchase products from. If they're professional then we would direct them to somewhere like sweetsquared which they would have no problem opening an account with (if they're professionals). If you get upset by someone asking a new member if they're a nail technician then your in the wrong place! This is a forum.
As far as the Swarovski comment goes. The member was a new member and it's nice to ask if they have the same profession as you and ask where they trained and so on. This isn't something new on SG. It's called an icebreaker. Things like this should not be in an offensive manner. Again like I said it's a forum.

As far as the Swarovski comment goes. The member was a new member and it's nice to ask if they have the same profession as you and ask where they trained and so on. This isn't something new on SG. It's called an icebreaker. Things like this should not be in an offensive manner. Again like I said it's a forum.
No problem, I didn't take it that way, I must have misunderstood it to have been that they were professional only products.. My bad :)

No problem, I didn't take it that way, I must have misunderstood it to have been that they were professional only products.. My bad :)

[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

I'm asking her if she's a nail technician because if she is then she should know better than to go buy her supplies or products from boots. We are professionals here, we only give out advice on professional products. Not over the counter high street chemists.
So your trying to tell me it's unprofessional to use a nail Polish for stamping yes? I think you need to chill out, I've got CND vinlux in gold but don't think it shows great and have heard Barry m is good..not that I need to explain that to you

So your trying to tell me it's unprofessional to use a nail Polish for stamping yes? I think you need to chill out, I've got CND vinlux in gold but don't think it shows great and have heard Barry m is good..not that I need to explain that to you

Well this is a professional forum. We only recommend professional products here. We don't really talk about products that you can buy from boots or superdrug etc. Which CND VINYLUX do you have in 'gold'?

I just saw yours it was a sad face lol
Yeah the straight forward : ( type work but not the ones that are inbuilt on my phone like I can use on Facebook etc... I love my emojis too!!

It upsets me when I use an emoji and it doesn't come up makes the convo serious

I so put an emoji up there and again didn't work [emoji651]️

It upsets me when I use an emoji and it doesn't come up makes the convo serious
It does which is why I don't really like writing much on forums that don't support them, I feel a right miserable cow!!!

Well this is a professional forum. We only recommend professional products here. We don't really talk about products that you can buy from boots or superdrug etc. Which CND VINYLUX do you have in 'gold'?

Although I agree with you Coco, just be aware that Boots were selling Moyou London kits last year! [emoji15]

Yes I'm aware. I think they're fab for people starting out with stamping. They are super easy to use and have lots of plates to choose from and colours and stampers that make picking up easier such as the sticky marshmallow stamper.
The rules are the rules. This is a professional only forum. This post could have been submitted in the ask a pro and that would have been to a different audience. But in this forum we talk about the pro products. Same as products brought from eBay and Amazon I'm sure you've seen the dislike for their mention!!

I personally use YOURS [emoji175] Sacha plates and I use the VINYLUX and shellac on the plates. Which can be brought from sweetsquared

Yes and I am a professional just like a lot of people on here speaking about products you can buy over the counter. Iv found my answer elsewhere didn't expect all this agg over speaking about a nail Polish you should try and be more friendly/less rude

Yes and I am a professional just like a lot of people on here speaking about products you can buy over the counter. Iv found my answer elsewhere didn't expect all this agg over speaking about a nail Polish you should try and be more friendly/less rude

I fail to find any rudeness?

I don't know why your getting offended for? Your profile doesn't state anything about your profession. So naturally one would want to ask. And your a new member! Which again if someone asks you about whether your a nail tech is because we don't know!?
That's not being rude.

And also there's a new CND range of polishes due in May, which are perfect for stamping-Which being trained in shellac you would know about surely

Ok I will have to close this thread if arguments continue.

To clarify, it is a forum rule that we do not recommend over the counter products, where possible we stick to professional ones instead. However, in this instance I would say that when stamping first became popular the pro brands, including those selling the stamping kits, did not have stamping polishes available in anything other than black or white so nail techs used their initiative and trialled various polishes. Barry M metallics were found to be very good for stamping and so were recommended on this site as there were no other alternatives at that time.

Oh dear seems like this thread has gone a little pear shaped Thanks for the info though I got a great batty m polish and some models own. They work brilliantly

Oh dear seems like this thread has gone a little pear shaped Thanks for the info though I got a great batty m polish and some models own. They work brilliantly

Glad you got sorted - happy stamping! [emoji1]. Post some pics if you can . X

Yes after all that you must show us at least [emoji12][emoji12]

Latest posts

Back