Good offer or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murnettie

Reaction score
I was thinking this could be a good offer? A free 10 minute back, neck and shoulder massage after every re-shellac booked in for the month of January? I was thinking that if they don't get a massage often it could give them a taste for it and they might book in for one and If they do maybe offer 10 percent off a full body if booked and performed in January? Or by end of February?It's cheap to do, just a little oil and time? What do you think?

I think it's a good idea but would you then have to do a consultation for massage and have the client expose their shoulders? This may take up a bit of time. Also if people are there for nails they may not want anything different. I would be more inclined to offer a hand and arm massage.
Hope this hasn't come across as me poo-pooing your idea, just opinion xx

Think you could offer the option of a back neck and shoulders or hand and arms doing - a short head massage might work too - think they might be a bit adverse to taking top off but if you give them the option they might be more inclined xxx

personally I would love it! The worst somebody can say is they don't want it so perhaps offer an alternate as suggested above :)

I think it is a fab idea, low cost and not taking up too much time and a real treat for those having it :) plus promoting your other services!

I'd add it to any treatment over (what ever u charge for shellac) £xx

Xx

I think the offer sounds good although a usually the complimentary treatment needs to be more relative to the treatment you are doing so its not taking up too much excessive time or products and appeals tot the client having it. Ie:

Massage usually comes after a facial, so that they are already undressed and where you need them and you already know that they are happy with the idea of massage etc.

With nails why don't you upgrade them to say a Rockstar mani, even a ringfinger one or a spa mani? The cost is minimal and it upsells your treatments for very little if they like it?

Or perhaps offer a package say fingers and toes with a discount?

I always offer my regular clients Rockstar for their Birthdays and it gets them hooked :)

Thanks so much for your comments.

I see what you mean about massage having nothing to do with nails. However unfortunately I’m not trained in facials. Qualification-wise, I only have my Spray tanning training, CND Foundation course, so I perform shellac and I’ve qualified in Holistic massage. I've also done training with the fab Kim Lawless but that was a few years ago and I never did much with it. I hope to do full beauty course perhaps next year or the year after so at the moment I’m a little limited as to what I can offer.

I think I’ll take your advice and perhaps change the offer to a choice of either the ten minute back neck and shoulder massage OR a hand and arm massage with some nice lotion perhaps.

Im hoping it wouldnt take up too much time. I would already have the consultation done already (one for all consultation form) and they will have filled it out before the nails. Also i only have one room so my massage bed would be in the room with my nail table so bar giving the moment to change and lie on the bed, it shouldnt take too long. Maybe i'll try it and see what happens with the logistics of it at the time and i'll know whether its worth it. I have a few shellac clients and would love to get more massage clients in so am really hoping it will help sell it.

Again, thanks for your comments geeks.

Latest posts

Back