Good shoes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluemire

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can you recommend a good pair of shoes for standing all day. I'm really struggling with pain in my feet, swollen ankles and back ache. I think the trainers I wear now are no use.

I’ve been wearing sliders and socks Since I’ve been back as trainers just wasn’t doing the trick, hairdresser + persistent corns = unbearable pain I’ve heard of a few that work on feet all day swear by sketchers but I haven’t yet come across a pair that look right

I'd steer clear of Skechers, there's a class sction law suit in the US for thousands suffering with falien arches, and other foot complaints.

I'd be investigating brands like Viotics or a similar brand. This website will give you an idea. 8 Plantar Fasciitis Shoe Brands You Can Trust | Lucky Feet Shoes

You're going to be standing for the rest of you career, invest in your body and wellbeing from as early as possible.

I've been wearing Marks & Spencer's shoes in various styles for a number of years now. Very comfy and soft insoles. No sore feet at the end of the day.
At my age...the flatter the better too...!!

Thanks for that info on sketchers I definitely won’t be looking into those then 👎🏻

I'd steer clear of Skechers, there's a class sction law suit in the US for thousands suffering with falien arches, and other foot complaints.

I'd be investigating brands like Viotics or a similar brand. This website will give you an idea. 8 Plantar Fasciitis Shoe Brands You Can Trust | Lucky Feet Shoes

You're going to be standing for the rest of you career, invest in your body and wellbeing from as early as possible.

Both @blossom and myself have both suffered from Plantar Fasciitis in the past, it really is the most excruciating foot pain, but thankfully and hopefully, we are now over that episode and being sensible with our footwear choices.

I tend to wear specially moulded sandals in the summer (Birkenstock or similar), or trainers which provide good support.

I'll just mention Fitflops as well. They do closed in shoes, as well as flip flops. They're designed to support the whole foot.

If you are starting to suffer pain, might be worth a visit to a podiatrist and get properly checked out.

Crocs for me x

I wear Clark’s flip flops. They look like a fit flop but super comfortable and come in different colours. I’ll keep an eye on the thread though for any suggestions. What a great idea !

Clarks are amazing x

I have the plantars fasciitis as well yes an excruciating foot condition. I have been getting shock wave therapy on my feet and going to be getting hydrocortisone injection done in them to help with the pain. Over been following this post with keen interest. I have found that wearing an orthotic slipper when not working and using a hard spikey ball on my feet also helps relieve the pain. Hopefully you will find those useful xx

Latest posts

Back